DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The New DJI Mini 3 Pro Launch And Order Status!

The weight does not bother me as I’m not a hiker and that extra time I like. This mini 1 I have now just don’t cut it. Love my M2P
and will keep it and just give mini to grandson. Don’t care for the RC with the screen as I like using my iPad. But think I will wait
for some of you guys getting yours before I buy to make sure it
don't turn out like the 3. Have watched the videos but trust members reviews before them.

Hi, I went ahead and ordered the Mini 3 pro through DJI online. This is my first DJI product ever, very new to the sUAS world but not new to RPA in general. I couldn't justify paying about $4500 for the Mavic 3 fly more and RC controller for fear of losing my drone or what have you. I figure I start with this little guy and work my way up. I wish it had the ADS-B, but I can live without it.
You’re very fortunate, no taxes and you picked up a charger before they ran out. And, for a first drone you made a wise decision getting this over the Mavic 3.

Ordered the same, originally missed the fly combo so ordered that on a second order. They ran out of stock on the charger when I placed my order, but at least I will be getting the Mini 3 Pro with fly combo. California has taxes, still glad I’m getting this neat mini drone.

Looks like specs are inline with the rumors. Disappointed that delivery is promised for August.
Who among you is ordering the included screen, and how did you come about your decision. Thanks in advance.
I'll be getting the included screen.

I want to check out the "controller with embedded screen" configuration, and since I want this drone anyway, that seems to be the best way to do it.

Not soon though...

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Good point. One of the speed bumps to flying is hooking up my phone. Just for that alone it may be worth the extra $$.

Delivery for August is only for the controller without the screen. Otherwise delivery soon.

Last point: I found Litchi and I like the semi-autonomous flight afforded by using Waypoints generated only desktop. I can't find a similar functionality in the discussion on the DJI site. That said, tracking is very welcomed.

Edited: I now see the controller for the Mini 2 looks like the same as Mini 3 pro. Maybe I wasn't the only one frustrated by having to take my phone out of the case to fly my original Mini.
The RC-N1 controller used with the Mini-2 is also the "low end" controller for the Mini-3. They are readily available on Amazon and eBay, and probably other places, if anyone wants to get one.

You’re very fortunate, no taxes and you picked up a charger before they ran out. And, for a first drone you made a wise decision getting this over the Mavic 3.

Ordered the same, originally missed the fly combo so ordered that on a second order. They ran out of stock on the charger when I placed my order, but at least I will be getting the Mini 3 Pro with fly combo. California has taxes, still glad I’m getting this neat mini drone.
Thank you for the reassurance. I am also located in SoCal since I work there but have a home in Las Vegas. It does say taxes not yet applied, so that we will see. Not too worried, but I can't wait to get my first DJI.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
As at least for the German speaking DJI Shop the expected shipping date is not visible, I have contacted DJI support stating that my drone is scheduled to ship in 2 - 3 weeks, ie 25th May, 2022.

Well, let's see, not sure if that contains a lot of reserves or it's caused that I cancelled my first order and placed another one at 3:10 pm later or it's just the standard quote.

Could be very tight for my upcoming trip at the beginning of June.

I ordered the mini 3 with standard controller. I have an older iphone I use just for the mini 2, so happy enough with the normal controller and the higher price is a bit too steep for me.

I now need to sell an Air Fly More that's just sat on a shelf and a Mini 2 (once I've settled into the mini 3). Which hopefully will cover the cost.

Was originally planning to try and offload the mini 2 before the 3 came out, to avoid a price drop. But when I heard the price suggestions of the mini 3, that didn't seem as likely. Guessing the mini 2 will keep it's value second hand for a while now. Hope so anyway.

Decided I might be better off with the DJI RC bundle instead, but DJI Chat were basically useless and said they can't amend the order (because they've decided not to rather than any actual technical reason), so I've had to cancel and await the refund before reordering.

On another issue, they said the original order was due to ship on 15 May, with expected delivery in the UK on 19 May.

Decided I might be better off with the DJI RC bundle instead, but DJI Chat were basically useless and said they can't amend the order (because they've decided not to rather than any actual technical reason), so I've had to cancel and await the refund before reordering.

On another issue, they said the original order was due to ship on 15 May, with expected delivery in the UK on 19 May.

Reordered (out of another bank account as still waiting for refund). Delivery date now 17 June!!! And I no longer seem to get the Golden Ticket. Though I daresay it's probably worthless to most....

Edit: Golden Ticket seems to be bundled into the new order now anyway. Woohoo.

Last edited:
I ordered on the first day but I just noticed the fine print on their website. It says if you’re ordering more than one item and one item has a later shipping date your entire order will ship on the later date. At least in the US, both fly more kits had later shipping dates then did the drone itself. According to DJI this would mean that they won’t ship your drone until the flymore kit is available. As of today, and I don’t remember what it was on pre-order day, it’s not until July 7th for the fly more kit to become available. I’m wondering if that’s gonna screw everybody that ordered a whole shebang into waiting an extra month. They state on their website that if you don’t want to do this you should cancel your order and order your items separately. Basically they will only ship orders complete. Now I’m confused.

The RC-N1 controller used with the Mini-2 is also the "low end" controller for the Mini-3. They are readily available on Amazon and eBay, and probably other places, if anyone wants to get one.
I ordered on the first day but I just noticed the fine print on their website. It says if you’re ordering more than one item and one item has a later shipping date your entire order will ship on the later date. At least in the US, both fly more kits had later shipping dates then did the drone itself. According to DJI this would mean that they won’t ship your drone until the flymore kit is available. As of today, and I don’t remember what it was on pre-order day, it’s not until July 7th for the fly more kit to become available. I’m wondering if that’s gonna screw everybody that ordered a whole shebang into waiting an extra month. They state on their website that if you don’t want to do this you should cancel your order and order your items separately. Basically they will only ship orders complete. Now I’m confused.
That’s interesting, little confusing on DJI’s part explaining shipping multiple items. Kind of sounds like, if I’m reading this right, if packages are ordered separately, they will ship separately according to each packages shipping date. If items ordered together, will ship together until all items are in stock and ship date will be based from last items shipping date.

Guess I was fortunate, originally ordered only the Mini 3 Pro with SmartController and 2 year replacement warranty, didn’t see the flymore combo. Then, placed a Second order for Flymore combo only. Two separate orders, guess that may be to mine and others advantage who didn’t include the flymore combo with original order.

Thanks for sharing the information,
Paul

Reactions: Coskier
Any word on shipping from 3rd party resellers in US? Amazon, B&H. Adorama, Best Buy come to mind. You're welcome to post on others as well. TIA.

Edited:
What is DJI's own shipping date? I partially answered my own question -- June for B&H

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d