DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The official DJI Go 4.2.8 from Moverio Market cause video lag again

godiva92

Reactions
I updated to the latest Go 4.2.8 from Moverio Market last week and fly with my Mavic Platinum the other day. Here is my finding after two batteries trial. The first battery everything went smoothy for the first 13 minutes, then all of sudden I noticed video feed delay and minor pixel distortion. I suspect was those folks behind me playing cell phone with WIFI router, so I pack up and move to another location which is far enough away from them. But the second battery start off with significant video delay, I measure thats approx 1.5-2 secs! I tried to take off but only 800m distance I decide to turn back and land. The video feed delay and pixel distortion happened thru out the whole trial, so it is completely not acceptable and remind me the nightmare happen in Dec 17 update.
So I remove the BT300 and replace with my iPhoneX, then everything went smooth again! No more delay and fly 6km without any problem. So does anyone else also experience such? I am feeling more confuse why such problem always happen to BT300. The glass give me great experience of drone fly but more trouble some give me even greater problem when there is an DJI Go update.

I had the same thing happen to me too today on my mavic zoom. First battery went fine, then the second had really bad lag. I switched the moverio out with my phone and everything was good. I didn't know if it was because the unit was too hot or what, but it just started happening within the last month or so...

I have the same issue. A full reboot seems to solve that issue. At least it was much improved when I rebooted the BT300's on the second battery. Inconvenient to be sure...but worked for me.

I updated to the latest Go 4.2.8 from Moverio Market last week and fly with my Mavic Platinum the other day. Here is my finding after two batteries trial. The first battery everything went smoothy for the first 13 minutes, then all of sudden I noticed video feed delay and minor pixel distortion. I suspect was those folks behind me playing cell phone with WIFI router, so I pack up and move to another location which is far enough away from them. But the second battery start off with significant video delay, I measure thats approx 1.5-2 secs! I tried to take off but only 800m distance I decide to turn back and land. The video feed delay and pixel distortion happened thru out the whole trial, so it is completely not acceptable and remind me the nightmare happen in Dec 17 update.
So I remove the BT300 and replace with my iPhoneX, then everything went smooth again! No more delay and fly 6km without any problem. So does anyone else also experience such? I am feeling more confuse why such problem always happen to BT300. The glass give me great experience of drone fly but more trouble some give me even greater problem when there is an DJI Go update.

I really don't think it has much to do with the glasses. I just updated the M2P and RC with .400 and there is a lot of video lag. So if you are running the latest load for the MPP, that may be the problem.

I am so disappointed about the lag in video with my BT 300 and Mavic 2 zoom. I too put iPhone back on, no issues. Is there any way to increase the size of the video cache? Would that even help the issue? Hope someone can help me because I sure enjoyed with Phantom 4 Pro !

I am so disappointed about the lag in video with my BT 300 and Mavic 2 zoom. I too put iPhone back on, no issues. Is there any way to increase the size of the video cache? Would that even help the issue? Hope someone can help me because I sure enjoyed with Phantom 4 Pro !

Have found that caching video on my Bt300 from my Mavic 2Z CAUSES lag, and for that reason I don’t cache. Heat, the consummate enemy, also causes lag and shutdown, of course (a well documented affliction of BT-300).

Have found that caching video on my Bt300 from my Mavic 2Z CAUSES lag, and for that reason I don’t cache. Heat, the consummate enemy, also causes lag and shutdown, of course (a well documented affliction of BT-300).
Thanks I Really appreciate that advice! The heat I sure noticed as well and had not read that, so thanks! ?

Reactions: FL AV8R
You might try an earlier version of the Go4 app. I am using 4.0.4 or 4.0.5. The later versions of the Go app became resource hungry, AND the processor in the Moverios is very limited. That's why they can run warm/hot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000