DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Power of your 60 Frames a Second 4K

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
The Air 2S still stands as my Favorite Drone of all the DJI Drones , and you might be under estimating what the Lights in the Night sky can offer you late at night.
This 4K 60 Frames at 3x zoom .

Over 300 4K frames were captured , its an amazing display that anyone can do easily.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain. Land on the Water.

I believe there were aircraft in this video. I was surprised that I could not discern the color of the lighting.

Why is it that all my lightning photos have that same purple cast to them? Easy enough to correct in post-processing, but just curious.

Why is it that all my lightning photos have that same purple cast to them? Easy enough to correct in post-processing, but just curious.
Normally mine do as well as you can see , and I read somewhere that lighting heats up air around it 5 x the heat of the Suns Surface. As far as these shot that are purple , I do not edit the color of them .

Air 2S Wet Suit New Red- 3 (1 of 1)-15.jpg

C0003.00_07_41_16.Still011-1.jpg

C0003.00_07_41_13.Still009-1-2.jpg

I can never tell which I like more, but the blue cast is most like what my eye sees at the time of capture.

Original
26Untitled_1.4.3on1.jpg
Blue
26Untitled_1.4.3on1Blue.jpg
B&W
26Untitled_1.4.3on1BW.jpg
Red
26Untitled_1.4.3on1Red.jpg

Just Prefenece but when it comes to Storms an Such your better off not to change the color or the hue. Its Naturual Beauty is part of its lore. Very nice lighting pictures.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Why is it that all my lightning photos have that same purple cast to them?
Depends on shutter/iso/gain , the Air 2S exhibits a really strong purple/magenta cast especially at the corners where there is very little light where the sensor likely interprets some of it's own electrical charge as colors, it's not as good on noise reduction in those cases, but as you said you know where it's happening you can usually fix it in post.

Reactions: PAW
Could it not work the same even at 24fps given how the duration of lightning would still expose on that shutter speed? Main difference is you would get nearly twice the amount of data encoded to the same frame.

I dont think you realize how fast Light Speed is and 24 frames wont get you the same results.
You may capture something out of focus , but your going to get amazing results if you follow the 60 frames on the time line. So although any amount of Frames can capture lightning , I have found the best odds for me to capture is 60 frames ,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water , and Capture the Storm.

Last edited:
The Air 2S still stands as my Favorite Drone of all the DJI Drones , and you might be under estimating what the Lights in the Night sky can offer you late at night.
This 4K 60 Frames at 3x zoom .

Over 300 4K frames were captured , its an amazing display that anyone can do easily.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Looks like you don’t want us to sell our Air 2S’s haha

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I dont think you realize how fast Light Speed is and 24 frames wont get you the same results.
You may capture something out of focus , but your going to get amazing results if you follow the 60 frames on the time line

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water , and Capture the Storm.
That's not how it works. If the lightning is indeed that fast (which it is), it's not going to have a slow motion blur at 24fps but rather have the same amount of light registered much like how a flash on a second curtain shutter freezes the portion it lights despite a slow shutter speed being used. It's not like fireworks that lingers. There's going to be very little difference if anything between 1/25 and 1/60 (the maximum exposure time at either frame rate) when it come to the exposure time of lightning.

Some of the best lightning photo captures were long exposure due to it's unpredictability.

Reactions: MS Coast
Last edited:
We did again, and this time in a Tornado Warning .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne