DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The SS United States

Beautiful video, but a sad subject. They keep trying to resurrect this speedboat every few years, but I think it's in vain.

Jake

Reactions: FASTFJR
Beautiful video, but a sad subject. They keep trying to resurrect this speedboat every few years, but I think it's in vain.

Jake

Yea, I know it crazy. The foundation is spending $60,000 plus a month just to have it docked at the pier. I keep waiting for them to stop beating a dead horse. The millions people have donated is insane

Reactions: lightbg
Don't take this the wrong way, and I will probably be sorry that I asked and have to delete this post; I'm just curious how you were able to fly there being that close to a major airport. The controlled airspace around Philadelphia International is huge, and I can see a passenger jet heading north. I believe that the SS U.S. is docked in Class B Surface airspace.

Don't take this the wrong way, and I will probably be sorry that I asked and have to delete this post; I'm just curious how you were able to fly there being that close to a major airport. The controlled airspace around Philadelphia International is huge, and I can see a passenger jet heading north. I believe that the SS U.S. is docked in Class B Surface airspace.

When I flew last spring nothing on the App showed me I was in any type of no fly zone. My company is within 3/4 of a mile of PHL and I can still take off and fly up to 75ft. PHL is 4 miles as the crow fly's from PHL

Reactions: lightbg
When I flew last spring nothing on the App showed me I was in any type of no fly zone. My company is within 3/4 of a mile of PHL and I can still take off and fly up to 75ft. PHL is 4 miles as the crow fly's from PHL

Beautiful thought provoking video, showing us all a glimpse of a bygone age. I can almost see the ghosts of long gone people walking along the promenade deck.
On a slightly different subject...She is actually larger than the RMS Titanic, which had 4 funnels although only 3 were actually funnels, the 4th was a water storage tank, but the owners wanted 4 to make her look larger than she actually was and to make the shape more graceful.
It’s nice to see you were flying sensibly, keeping your height down. Whether you are near an airport or not, if a plane came down as close to the ship as your Mavic, then the city would be in a whole heap of trouble, at no time could I see your flight endangering any planes, or anything else for that matter, even the parking lot/wharf was deserted. Nice job all round.

Last edited:
Reactions: FASTFJR
Thanks, my vertical max was 150ft. I made two passes, both were done in Litchi

Reactions: choo choo
Awesome video of this historic beauty!
This marvel of engineering and design - in its time - would put today’s mass produced tin-can cruise ships to shame.

Reactions: choo choo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky