DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The wildest things you ever spotted from the air

LowCountryFlyer

Reactions
Every one has probably see the film Drone Boning (it's staged, but still.....) catching people in compromising acts. But what is the wildest sights you have captured with a drone?

On a local flight I recently discovered a large mansion near where I live located in the middle of a secluded piece of property. The owner certainly seems to want privacy and not too fond of people approaching the place as it was complete with rings of perimeter floodlighting and what seemed like no-man's lands around the inner periphery of the property.

Maybe I'll spot some new stuff next time I fly as well.

Reactions: CJH92474
I saw the neighbor's bull gettin' busy with one of the cows.

Reactions: bjohnson
I usually don't see anything too unusual. When I am watching the video, I'll see deer, big birds, people in surprising places (wonder what that's all about), and sights of the town I didn't even know existed. Nothing particularly wild. I don't understand why I don't see these things in real time though.

Oh I did see something that no one I've showed the video to can explain, and certain aspects of these things eliminate birds, which is what everyone thinks, but they are traveling waaaaay too fast. They look like shiny balls of light screaming past the drone. When I first saw it, I though it might be a bullet, but no one could have shot a gun from that angle. I've seen these in several of my videos. At times I'll think for sure it's birds, but it can't be. I've even slowed the video down, but that just blurs the scream.
Very bizzarre.

Here's the video. Look at about 3 to 5 seconds of this video. The object comes from right to left. Blink and you'll miss it.

Last edited:
OK, here's my "theory". By looking at the tree shadowing from the camera point of view, the tree shadows appear on the near side. Looking at the tree reflection on the water, one sees these reflections on the right side of the pond. Looking at the horizon, the left-top seems brighter and appears to darken towards the top-left corner. So I'm speculating that the sun is somewhere very low and off to the left.

I'd go with the UFO being something very small passed very close through the focal area the camera lens (which would make it appear to be flying at mach 4), that happened to fly through the sunlight reflection off of the camera lens (which would make it appear white hot).

Either that...or a very tiny space ship! That's my WAG!

Reactions: PhoenixBird
I thought i saw i shark once, but it could have been seaweed, a rock.

It's cool when you playback on the 4K TV/Monitor and see crazy stuff.

Whatever it is, your going to get a tonne of views from people here playing it multiple times
trying to figure it out Thumbswayup

One day I kept hearing heavy equipment behind our home and couldn’t figure out why. I got the Mavic out, and to my surprise, I found that a house a block behind had an indoor pool heater burn up the house.
If it wasn’t for the MP, I never would’ve known.

3e20905b1df706ebcc33202a4116b0d8.jpg

Reactions: Brandaloo
OK, here's my "theory". By looking at the tree shadowing from the camera point of view, the tree shadows appear on the near side. Looking at the tree reflection on the water, one sees these reflections on the right side of the pond. Looking at the horizon, the left-top seems brighter and appears to darken towards the top-left corner. So I'm speculating that the sun is somewhere very low and off to the left.

I'd go with the UFO being something very small passed very close through the focal area the camera lens (which would make it appear to be flying at mach 4), that happened to fly through the sunlight reflection off of the camera lens (which would make it appear white hot).

Either that...or a very tiny space ship! That's my WAG!
I'm going with tiny spaceship

Reactions: jagraphics
Youtube has a 0.25 playback speed option, the "shinny ball" comes from the center front, and I say that shinny ball is just a bee or some bug
Didn't know about the playback...thanks

No on bug. Tiny spaceship...see below

I usually don't see anything too unusual. When I am watching the video, I'll see deer, big birds, people in surprising places (wonder what that's all about), and sights of the town I didn't even know existed. Nothing particularly wild. I don't understand why I don't see these things in real time though.

Oh I did see something that no one I've showed the video to can explain, and certain aspects of these things eliminate birds, which is what everyone thinks, but they are traveling waaaaay too fast. They look like shiny balls of light screaming past the drone. When I first saw it, I though it might be a bullet, but no one could have shot a gun from that angle. I've seen these in several of my videos. At times I'll think for sure it's birds, but it can't be. I've even slowed the video down, but that just blurs the scream.
Very bizzarre.

Here's the video. Look at about 3 to 5 seconds of this video. The object comes from right to left. Blink and you'll miss it.

Most likely a small insect darted through the field of view. It happens.

Kinda like the time a 300ft tall spider attacked the Space Shuttle........

Not from a drone, but about 2 years ago I was flying in the winchester area and started seeing some small streaks pass vericaly in front of me dropping quite fast, the nearest thing I could compare them to is small strips of fly-paper with a weight on them so they dropped like streamers saw dozens of them dropping from under an overcast cloud cover at about 3000 ft, to this day I have never found out what they were and would be interested if anyone had any ideas?????

I took this about a week ago, while putting it through post I noticed a school of fish swimming downstream.

Didn’t notice them while I was taking the photo. (Fish middle of photo)

Jaws wouldn't have stood a chance with drones on point

Very cool sighting [emoji41].
From scale, those are some Big fish[emoji102]

Yeah that’s what I thought when you compare them to the size of the marker buoy next to them? I counted about 30 fish?

Jaws wouldn't have stood a chance with drones on point

Think you’re right??

Not from a drone, but about 2 years ago I was flying in the winchester area and started seeing some small streaks pass vericaly in front of me dropping quite fast, the nearest thing I could compare them to is small strips of fly-paper with a weight on them so they dropped like streamers saw dozens of them dropping from under an overcast cloud cover at about 3000 ft, to this day I have never found out what they were and would be interested if anyone had any ideas?????

An idiot friend of mine tried dumping out a large beanbag full of little styrofoam ball stuffing out of a plane over his high school, and he didn't intend to drop the bag also, but the wind passing by pulled it from his hands and it wrapped around the horizontal stabilizer causing a control issue for the plane. They got down safely after that stupidity, and it rained styrofoam for an hour at school there.

Anyways, I wonder if a plane or did parachutists drop that paper also?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuiceThe6One