DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

There I was, minding my own business

TedShred

Reactions
A lady and her dog walked by as I launched. I quickly made altitude so the sound wouldn't bother her (I could tell).

Anyway, she came back by twice!
On her last walk by she said to her dog loudly so I could hear, "It's okay we'll go home now."
Her dog wasn't bothered at all.

People are so lame sometimes.

[emoji23][emoji23]

A lady and her dog walked by as I launched. I quickly made altitude so the sound wouldn't bother her (I could tell).

On her last walk by she said to her dog loudly so I could hear, "It's okay we'll go home now."

[emoji23][emoji23]
She wasn’t talking to her dog nor you...

She wasn’t talking to her dog nor you...
Hmmm, there's several options to ponder here....

1) She was talking to the drone

2) She was talking with her guiding angel

3) She was talking with the big Boss upstairs

4) She was talking with her alter-ego personality

Reactions: Madmax229 and MKurr
It was 'your noise' so it doesn't bother you. But I guess she was hoping for a quiet walk with her dog, so it bothered her. It happens. Sometimes people go to the park to sit quietly to read a book or something, and gets interrupted by noise.
Just as you hope others to be understanding of your hobby, you need to be a little bit more understanding of others. She could be going through a personal crises and need some fresh air and peace and quiet with her dog, to calm down and gather her thoughts.

It was 'your noise' so it doesn't bother you. But I guess she was hoping for a quiet walk with her dog, so it bothered her. It happens. Sometimes people go to the park to sit quietly to read a book or something, and gets interrupted by noise.
Just as you hope others to be understanding of your hobby, you need to be a little bit more understanding of others. She could be going through a personal crises and need some fresh air and peace and quiet with her dog, to calm down and gather her thoughts.

This was on a sidewalk with cars and noise.
She made it a point to double back and walk by again.
I understand what you are saying and I am very mindful of that. My M2P is pretty quiet and I went straight up quickly and stayed there so as not to bug her.

Attachments

• DJI_0077.jpg
    DJI_0077.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 312
If she wanted peace and quiet then she didn't need to walk by 2-3 times after he launched.

She chose to “subject” herself to whatever minimal noise may, and I repeat may, have been heard with the drone 100 ft away, not once but 3 times. As long as you were legal, and there first, just chalk it up to an upset individual looking for an outlet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rpeeps and MKurr
She chose to “subject” herself to whatever minimal noise may, and I repeat may, have been heard with the drone 100 ft away, not once but 3 times. As long as you wer legal, and there first, just chalk it up to an upset individual looking for an outlet.
I was and I will.

Just thought her behavior was almost comical.

Just thought her behavior was almost comical.

Yep, some people just like making others feel bad, even for zero reason.
Just don't let them succeed, you recognised the situation and did the right thing ignoring her.
If you make some sort of comment back it will 99% escalate with this type.

Hmmm, there's several options to ponder here....

1) She was talking to the drone

2) She was talking with her guiding angel

3) She was talking with the big Boss upstairs

4) She was talking with her alter-ego personality
You forgot:

5) She was talking to her big boss downstairs. [emoji48][emoji6]

[emoji23][emoji23]

I had a similar episode once, lady with her dog. She made it clear as she talked loudly to her dog that they were leaving because they couldn’t enjoy peace and quiet, and I told her I hoped they have a great day . . .

This was on a sidewalk with cars and noise.
She made it a point to double back and walk by again.
I understand what you are saying and I am very mindful of that. My M2P is pretty quiet and I went straight up quickly and stayed there so as not to bug her.
its not like you’re mp2 sounds like a chainsaw

You may be over reacting. Did you ever stop to think that just maybe, she was trying to engage conversation with you? Maybe you could have talked to her, and possibly taught her about the drone. Also, you maybe could have let her take the controls and fly it a little bit. You might have even made a friend as well.

Reactions: BigAl07
You may be over reacting. Did you ever stop to think that just maybe, she was trying to engage conversation with you? Maybe you could have talked to her, and possibly taught her about the drone. Also, you maybe could have let her take the controls and fly it a little bit. You might have even made a friend as well.
She was crabby right from the first look. Then I was busy flying.
She was on the sidewalk and I thought she just kept going.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard