DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

There I was, minding my own business

It was 'your noise' so it doesn't bother you. But I guess she was hoping for a quiet walk with her dog, so it bothered her. It happens. Sometimes people go to the park to sit quietly to read a book or something, and gets interrupted by noise.
Just as you hope others to be understanding of your hobby, you need to be a little bit more understanding of others. She could be going through a personal crises and need some fresh air and peace and quiet with her dog, to calm down and gather her thoughts.
At 200ft, barely audible and still people call cops. Thank God it's been the same hot blonde and we are hitting it off real well. So I figured, I'll her out. She's married but she said we have to be sly about the whole thing. Drones can reel in all types of phenomena.

I've been coming to the forum since January this year, I bought my first dji drone in February. I fly fpv freestyle drones, been doing it for 5 years now, and I fly at local parks all the time during the week on my days off. I have never had a bad run in like I've been reading on here. I will fly these parks when people are walking the tracks, city workers doing lawn care, and everyone is very cool about it. We take care to stay clear of everyone when doing this. Spotters, we have all of the proper certificates, FCC technician, AMA, FAA, and make an effort to communicate with everyone. We tell them what are intentions are and that we will stay well clear of them. Most are very interested in them and some times even think that are drones am hummingbirds at first. I guess we've just been fortunate here in the Houston area. I know some of you are probably going to flame me now but I will remind you once again we are following the rules, these are good size parks, plenty of room for all, and we are not flying over people.

Now I will ask, have any of you ever tried to communicate with fellow park goers to see if it makes the situation any easier?

You may be over reacting. Did you ever stop to think that just maybe, she was trying to engage conversation with you? Maybe you could have talked to her, and possibly taught her about the drone. Also, you maybe could have let her take the controls and fly it a little bit. You might have even made a friend as well.

LOL! I doubt it! Been there, done that. This is a new technology & the girls don't really like it! (Boy am I going to hear about that comment!)

Had my first run in on friday. Was flying over the water filming yatchs anchored off Rockingham, south of Perth. I was on the beach. ByWas early morning at sun rise.

Man came up to me and said "I hate those drone things. They should be banned. They ars always flying above my house. I have no privacy"
He seemed quite agressive so i just ignored him and he walked of muttering about drones

My dog doesn't like my drones very much so I am always careful when flying near people with animals. I even delay taking off or coming in to land if someone is coming. I haven't met anyone yet who has objected, most engage in conversation and in my mind you did every possible.

I don't think it would have mattered what you did she was going to take offence and the fact that she came back more than once just proves in her mind you had no right to be there.

Prejudice runs deep as they say.

A lady and her dog walked by as I launched. I quickly made altitude so the sound wouldn't bother her (I could tell).

Anyway, she came back by twice!
On her last walk by she said to her dog loudly so I could hear, "It's okay we'll go home now."
Her dog wasn't bothered at all.

People are so lame sometimes.

[emoji23][emoji23]
"Smile and Wave Boys, Smile and Wave."

What gives someone more rights to walk a dog in a park than someone flying a drone if you are following all legal requirements. I personally can’t stand dogs in parks. You could have said “ I hope you cleaned up any mess your dog made” as she left.
Yes I know it’s not politically correct but people just need to get on with their lives and not make others feel uncomfortable just because they are having a bad day. She’s enjoying walking her dog, you are enjoying flying your drone. Both doing what you want to do. Why can’t people just be happy.

Reactions: Drgnfli
When people are so easily "triggered" it is their responsibility to "fix" themselves rather than to expect the whole world (i.e. drone pilots, etc.) to bend to their psychosis. She cannot control others, she can only control herself. I wonder if any snowflakes were a part of our hardy pioneer ancestors that build this great country.

Reactions: Drgnfli
You may be over reacting. Did you ever stop to think that just maybe, she was trying to engage conversation with you? Maybe you could have talked to her, and possibly taught her about the drone. Also, you maybe could have let her take the controls and fly it a little bit. You might have even made a friend as well.
Your kidding right?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird