DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thermal Camera

Some of the S&R (search and rescue) or industrial inspection people on here would be knowledgeable regarding this.

They will probably want to know, what are you wanting to do with the camera ?
I am doing a project where i would use thermal camera to detect temperature of people captured on real time environment

Reactions: Furqan Ahmed
Why not get a Mavic 2 or Autel Dual that is equipped with a thermal sensor instead of messing with an Air 2? The new Mavic 3 will have a higher-resolution thermal sensor. Parrot USA is available as a thermal drone, and there is a cheaper thermal Anafi. There are lots of thermal sensors available for the gimbal on an Inspire or Inspire 2. The Yuneec CGO-ET on a Typhoon H might be the least expensive of the thermal drones, is very low-resolution.

I don't think any of the thermal sensors for less than several thousand bucks would be useful for scanning a crowd for elevated temperatures and getting close enough with a drone big enough to fly it for more than a few minutes wouldn't be legal in most places.

This kind of 'thermal sensing' would be better done with a sensor mounted to something on the ground.

All this IMHO, of course.

Why not get a Mavic 2 or Autel Dual that is equipped with a thermal sensor instead of messing with an Air 2? The new Mavic 3 will have a higher-resolution thermal sensor. Parrot USA is available as a thermal drone, and there is a cheaper thermal Anafi. There are lots of thermal sensors available for the gimbal on an Inspire or Inspire 2. The Yuneec CGO-ET on a Typhoon H might be the least expensive of the thermal drones, is very low-resolution.

I don't think any of the thermal sensors for less than several thousand bucks would be useful for scanning a crowd for elevated temperatures and getting close enough with a drone big enough to fly it for more than a few minutes wouldn't be legal in most places.

This kind of 'thermal sensing' would be better done with a sensor mounted to something on the ground.

All this IMHO, of course.
Actually, we are limited to what we have right now, this drone was provided to us by the university.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB