DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

They keep moving my cheese! I downloaded the DJI Go 4 App Version 4.3.8, now I discover "Go4 for Android"!

Wade Gizzy

Reactions
For a couple of days I played with my Mavic Pro using the go 4 app version 4.3.8 in beginner mode , and it worked OK. I didn't want to go beyond the beginner mode because I was using a Moto G6 play phone (underpowered) and was waiting for my new Samsung S8 phone and Huawei 8.4" Mediapad M5 64gb pad to run the app.
Is the "DJI Go 4 app for android" something different? Since I am using android devices, I suppose I should use it. However info from 8 months to a year ago didn't sound encouraging.

I'm not sure what the current version is, but the DJI Go4 app has worked fine for me since it came out. I will say I never update right when a new version comes out... I always wait a month or two just to be sure there are no bugs.

With that said, I would just go into your app and see if any updates are available instead of deleting the current app and re-installing.

Reactions: Mrmund
If you have an Android device and it has DJI Go 4 on it then you have DJI Go 4 for Android. There is a DJI Go that is for older drones, but the version will be 3 something, not 4.

However info from 8 months to a year ago didn't sound encouraging.
If you are referring to the reviews, most would be from people that can't read instructions and/or tried to run the app on an unsatisfactory device.
The app is fine and will run sweet on the M5.

For a couple of days I played with my Mavic Pro using the go 4 app version 4.3.8 in beginner mode , and it worked OK. I didn't want to go beyond the beginner mode because I was using a Moto G6 play phone (underpowered) and was waiting for my new Samsung S8 phone and Huawei 8.4" Mediapad M5 64gb pad to run the app.
Is the "DJI Go 4 app for android" something different? Since I am using android devices, I suppose I should use it. However info from 8 months to a year ago didn't sound encouraging.
Interesting that you're saying the moto g6 play is underpowered. I've used the older g4 play a dozen or more times with DJI Go 4 with no real problems. The video seemed a little laggy, but it is definitely usable.

I've used the older g4 play a dozen or more times with DJI Go 4 with no real problems. The video seemed a little laggy, but it is definitely usable.
Video lag is a problem.

Interesting that you're saying the moto g6 play is underpowered. I've used the older g4 play a dozen or more times with DJI Go 4 with no real problems. The video seemed a little laggy, but it is definitely usable.

Perhaps my Moto G6 play would have been adequate. My previous drone was a parrot Bebop 2. My learning curve on that was infinite. My only source of information was the official parrot helpline.
With the acquisition of my mavic pro, I fortunately stumbled onto this forum and also all of the YouTube videos. Because of a gross lack of understanding and appreciation of what goes into flying drones, I watched my Bebop 2 land in the water after it ran out of battery due to a disconnect for my controller.
After reading this forum I was determined not to leave anything to chance. So I bought devices that were listed by both the GoPro 4 app and the litchi app.

Perhaps my Moto G6 play would have been adequate. My previous drone was a parrot Bebop 2. My learning curve on that was infinite. My only source of information was the official parrot helpline.
With the acquisition of my mavic pro, I fortunately stumbled onto this forum and also all of the YouTube videos. Because of a gross lack of understanding and appreciation of what goes into flying drones, I watched my Bebop 2 land in the water after it ran out of battery due to a disconnect for my controller.
After reading this forum I was determined not to leave anything to chance. So I bought devices that were listed by both the GoPro 4 app and the litchi app.
Gotcha, that's a bummer, sorry to hear that.
For what it's worth, with the mavics (at least MP and M2P) you don't need the device to fly. You're supposed to be able to still control it, have it return to home, etc. w/out the device.

I did discover that, at least by default, the flight range and altitude is limited on the M2P flying with the remote only (when you start out with no device).

I need to read more of the manual.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum