DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

They're coming...

I think we all know network RID is coming but we never stopped registration or transmit RID so there is nothing we can do about it at this point. :(

Was there really an active effort to oppose SUAS registration? RID? By whom?

I never saw any evidence of either, but perhaps I wasn't paying adequate attention.

Was there really an active effort to oppose SUAS registration? RID? By whom?

I never saw any evidence of either, but perhaps I wasn't paying adequate attention.
I cannot recollect exactly how it all went down day by day but I count small victories to be enough of an effort to get us where we are today. Without going into the details: No registration on small recreational drones, somewhat delayed RID couple of times, drones don't need to be on the network, etc. I do recall there was a lot of pushback on several big items and the FAA listened on some of those. But I agree with you there was no formal official pushback and that's the problem. As an activist, I don't consider these small efforts to be enough to stop the entire push or direction this is taking the drone community which is why I made the comment about the inevitable. Ideally, recreational hobby drones should have been completely left out of the equation, the lack of grandfathering is going to come back to bite us, and I believe the FPV world is still "in trouble." And we definitely should have put this federal vs state/local issue to bed and this piece is ultimate going to be the fundamental issue we face in the short term. These are just my opinions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne