DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking about a skin (wrap)

I used Wrap Grade made by 3M. I have it on both of my M1P's. it took about an hour to fully install and I got some extra ones for the batteries (sold separately for two batteries). I have both neon orange and neon green. It helps me also as the wrap covers the controllers too.IMG_0440.jpgIMG_0305.jpgIMG_0306.jpgIMG_0310.jpgIMG_0703.JPG

The tape is plastic, I did peel the sticky backing off some to make sure it was only plastic although it took some doing.
I had heard people had problems with metallic tape so thought it best to make sure before putting it on the MP2
Just keep in mind usually sticky tape the longer it's on the harder it is to come off plus probably leave a residue after a while may not in the beginning

Reactions: Hauptmann
I used Wrap Grade made by 3M. I have it on both of my M1P's. it took about an hour to fully install and I got some extra ones for the batteries (sold separately for two batteries). I have both neon orange and neon green. It helps me also as the wrap covers the controllers too.View attachment 118216View attachment 118217View attachment 118218View attachment 118219View attachment 118220
Is that skin on the props if so could easily cause vibration in the propellers if it starts peeling back

Just keep in mind usually sticky tape the longer it's on the harder it is to come off plus probably leave a residue after a while may not in the beginning
I have found that decal girl uses premium 3M products (Or did). A simple heating of the decal/Skin with a hair dryer will yield a easy removal and no/simple clean up, years later. Thumbswayup

Last edited:
My comment was more for cyborg who is using regular tape....but I wouldnt use any tape that leaves an adhesive on it

I like the hologram look. It keeps the birds away and never have a problem locating it when the sun is out. Plus, the ladies love it!

Attachments

• 20191029_093241.jpg
    20191029_093241.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 55
I used Wrap Grade made by 3M. I have it on both of my M1P's. it took about an hour to fully install and I got some extra ones for the batteries (sold separately for two batteries). I have both neon orange and neon green. It helps me also as the wrap covers the controllers too.View attachment 118216View attachment 118217View attachment 118218View attachment 118219View attachment 118220
With the decal Girl I also get the controller skin and 3 battery skins.

I like your controllers with the handles!

So is that an angry flying frog?? I like it. How hard were those skins to apply? how long did it take? Thanks.
it’s called chunky in Decalgirls selection and they are easy to apply .. took me about 1/2 hour my eyes are old.. tweezers help with the small decals

I just used yellow reflective tape from a car accessory shop.
I was pleasantly surprised how well it shows up against the sky.
I also use tape, duct tape that is. I use a bright orange color and cut it to fit most surfaces of the drone. It helps to find your drone, if or when it doesn't make it home due to battery loss or a crash. I found my Orange evo 2 under 5 feet of water using another drone, Because of ithe EVOs orange color. I could see it from above. I was flying a mavic 2 pro with a polarized lens. Needless to say, it took me several days to find it's location. It no longer functioned even after a week of drying. It tried though, the lights lit up and the gimbal moved a little, but it was pretty much dead. I sold it for parts.

Thanks to decal girl skinned my mini2...i chose this skin besides being cool it helps me see the drone in the air
I really don't care what my drone looks like. I just cut bright orange duct tape to fit most areas and stick it on my drones. It costs less than a dollar. I find bright orange is the easiest seen while it's flying or if its crashed or did a forced landing if battery life gets too low. I always make sure I have at least 2 drones. Always have an extra one to look for a downed drone.

So I ordered one from the Decal Girl In BFO, had a 30% discount and got for $21.14 delivered.. we'll see how it is.. 21 bucks isn't to bad a gamble, and most reviews are good.
Just visited the site. $24.95 with only one battery wrap. Did not see an option for three batteries.

I’ve had a Decalgirl skin for 3 months now but I’ve been afraid to tackle the install job (unsteady hands). I’d like to hear from more about the difficulty level. Thanks.

Reactions: Bradders71
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123