DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking about buying Mavik Pro

Would you go as far as to say that the P4P series is more of a "photographers drone" than the Mavic? I guess you have to sacrifice something depending on what your mission is, but to me, the flexibility of the camera and obstacle avoidance are it's strong points and the lack of portability is its weakest point. The OP is looking for "good quality 4K footage" and "reliability" and has already said he is willing to forsake portability to obtain his goal.

It's a testament to DJI that given the completely different designs, prices, and features of the Mavic vs. P4P that people have trouble deciding which to buy. DJI has stepped their game up so much in the recent past, that you dont have to sacrifice a huge amount of quality for portability, But if you want to go beyond what the mavic is capable of, you can get the P4P for not too much more money and have drone you can hang on to for a long time and use professionally with its advanced camera features.
Yeah I'd agree - the OP said portability isn't a factor at all, I haven't tried one but I think he'd be very happy with a P4P if that's the case, it's not a whole lot more money than a mavic and you get a fair bit more control over the camera and low light capability plus a better codec and higher bitrates - if portability isn't a concern I think it's worth the extra money

I have the mavic pro and love it. I have went on several out of the country trips and I couldn't phantom lol lugging that big thing around. I bought a nice cannon camera backpack at best buy that was totally customizable to rearrange to put my drone, charger, and 4 batteries like it was made for the mavic for $40. Video footage I got I don't think you truly would be able to tell the difference from mavic to p4p regardless

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar