DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thinking of buying 2nd hand Racing edition but..

burkesdale

Reactions
I have a Mavic pro and have been told that buying second hand DJI Goggles RE you cant factory reset the goggles ? :(
Is this true and if i can't re register them to MY account then if and what problems will i have?

Or should i just bite the bullet and buy brand new?

The brand new ones here in New Zealand are $956 NZD
And the 2nd hand pair im looking at are $700 NZD with a sling bag.
But concerned about not being able to re register goggles to my account.

Hope someone can help on my concerns.
Thank you
Mike

Sorry Mike, I'm not sure about the answer.

I bought new RE goggles and love using them, but I searched Google for > dji RE goggles factory reset
and got these results, quite a lot on the >>>>> DJI forum <<<<<< (click link)

Reading that first post, it doesn't look good, it seems the goggles are tied to first purchaser.

There are also some posts there in search results in our Goggles section of MavicPilots, might be worth browsing there and the Google results a little more.

I have the white goggles and bought them in January. I honestly don’t remember registering them unless it happened in the process of updating the firmware.

You might send a note or get on a chat with DJI asking the question.

Sorry Mike, I'm not sure about the answer.

I bought new RE goggles and love using them, but I searched Google for > dji RE goggles factory reset
and got these results, quite a lot on the >>>>> DJI forum <<<<<< (click link)

Reading that first post, it doesn't look good, it seems the goggles are tied to first purchaser.

There are also some posts there in search results in our Goggles section of MavicPilots, might be worth browsing there and the Google results a little more.
Thank you both, I just had a live chat with DJI and yes they are tied to the 1st buyer but they couldn't really answer me as in my 2nd concern if they would cause any problem or if any info gets or is made available to the person i brought them of :(

So looks like i will bite the bullet and buy new as then feel safer that way :)

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I have the white goggles and bought them in January. I honestly don’t remember registering them unless it happened in the process of updating the firmware.

You might send a note or get on a chat with DJI asking the question.
As far as what i have read when you first use them you just have to activate them which of course means using your dji account so yer then they are bound to your account and a new owner can't re / de register them.
so yes i will just buy new even though NZD$700 is a great price for 6 mth old racing edition with a dji sling bag but i just bought a hard case for goggles and Mavic pro so now need the goggles lol

Thank you all.

Reactions: Camino Ken
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll