DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This Drone is Great!

bkushner

Reactions
Well have spent some more time with this drone. Flying in many of the same places I normally fly. The range is amazing, areas where 03 Struggled this drone has 4 bars. Images and Videos have been great so my initial concern of the smaller sensor is mute right now. I actually think this is performing better then my M3P. Only issue I have is the slower normal speed of 26 mph. Hopefully they bump that to 33 mph. Also very happy with the drone in the wind.

Glad you like it. Mine is coming in this Tuesday and I can't wait. See if you can adjust the top speed in the gain and expo settings. I wouldn't think that DJI would limit the speed in normal mode when the Air 2s went well over 30 mph in normal mode. Good luck!

Glad you like it. Mine is coming in this Tuesday and I can't wait. See if you can adjust the top speed in the gain and expo settings. I wouldn't think that DJI would limit the speed in normal mode when the Air 2s went well over 30 mph in normal mode. Good luck!
Nope 26 is max in the gain/expo settings...

Reactions: Ridgeback65
Its quick ascent and descent is in answer to RID - "Oh oh, Karen is headed this way, time to get the he!! out of here!"
Pro Tip: A turned off RC cannot update GPS and RID with the change in location of the RC!

If you establish a new recovery Home Point during the flight, separate and far away from your current location with the RC, when ready to land, just turn off the RC so it cannot update with your RC location, while you and the RC both head off to the new landing site for the recovery and escape, after loss of signal RTH completes!

Karen defeated!

I'll bother with that when, despite my very firm belief otherwise, the thousands of Karen harassment stories start rolling in in 6 weeks.

If instead RID turns out to be the on-going non-event I expect it to be, we'll all carry on flying like we've been with no meaningful difference in the hobby.

I predict the biggest change we'll see is the occasional post from someone cited by an LEO for not having RID.

I'll bother with that when, despite my very firm belief otherwise, the thousands of Karen harassment stories start rolling in in 6 weeks.

If instead RID turns out to be the on-going non-event I expect it to be, we'll all carry on flying like we've been with no meaningful difference in the hobby.

I predict the biggest change we'll see is the occasional post from someone cited by an LEO for not having RID.
I hope you are right. However, from everything I have read, the drone flight threat assessment that RID is intended to be used for comes not just from the current flight, but from all prior historical RID data gathered over time for that aircraft. Every time you arm the motors anywhere, whether you launch or not, a historical log of your doing so and your flight is created 24/7 and added to the database for future threat assessment of all your flights. It's not just Karen. It's also not just LEO and DHS. Anyone with an RID app can create their own historical database of all RID flights within a 5-10 mile radius! Imagine the possible misuse of such data, especially when you include RID spoofing of your RID by nefarious actors!

I hope you are right. However, from everything I have read, the drone flight threat assessment that RID is intended to be used for comes not just from the current flight, but from all prior historical RID data gathered over time for that aircraft. Every time you arm the motors anywhere, whether you launch or not, a historical log of your doing so and your flight is created 24/7 and added to the database for future threat assessment of all your flights. It's not just Karen. It's also not just LEO and DHS. Anyone with an RID app can create their own historical database of all RID flights within a 5-10 mile radius! Imagine the possible misuse of such data, especially when you include RID spoofing of your RID by nefarious actors!
If my flights are legal, within FAA and local ordinance requirements, why should I be worried?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom