DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is a good video, but what can be done to make it better?

VegardBerland

Reactions
I´ll be honest.. This is some of my favorite drone shots from 2020, and I think it's a pretty good edit. But I want to become better and not be blinded by my own choices and content. What can be done to improve a video like this? Does the sound effects work? What about the zoom-transitions? Any shots that should not make it into the edit?
I´d also like to know what was good, so that I can keep doing that.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Vegard

Fantastic video i wish i was that good ....Thumbswayup:cool:

Fantastic video. I love the color settings, exposure settings, the unveil and reveal shots, perfect mixture of varied content, perfect scenery. I would keep ALL the shots! Personally, I would remove the zoom-transitions.

You did an awesome job. Wow. ?

Last edited:
I would remove the very fast pull back ..music is inoffensive and quiet enough ... I was lucky enough to do a Fjords cruise 2 years ago ..absolutely gorgeous country ... and so fresh ..great shots

There are so many Brilliant fantastic shots.
Love the narrative in the beginning with a voice like that you could add more .

I think a better shot than the zoom you pull off would be to get in close for a B roll shot of the water, and or surface than back away slow to show where it came from and how it sits in the big picture. I find that a stunning shot .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Pouring Rain and land on water.

W o w, what a beautiful video, the scenery is astonishing. I thought you did a great editing job but again I am not a pro. Really enjoyed it. Thanks. ?

Reactions: VegardBerland
One of the best videos on the forum I’ve seen. At times on par with one of the world’s best cinematographers (IMO) Niklas Christl - Check him out on YouTube. Only one tiny point to add is that the music finished a few seconds earlier than the vision. Cheers ???

I´ll be honest.. This is some of my favorite drone shots from 2020, and I think it's a pretty good edit. But I want to become better and not be blinded by my own choices and content. What can be done to improve a video like this? Does the sound effects work? What about the zoom-transitions? Any shots that should not make it into the edit?

Vegard

Vegard
Actually, I must correct you. That was not a good video, that was a fantastic video!! Loved your transition from vehicle to rail in the tunnel scene. The only thing I can think of to make it better is to send me the money to fly there and I can make a better decision! :)

Vegard

Awesome video. I really want to learn how to create nice productions like this. I can shoot the video, I just don't know how to do the post edits.

There's little room for improvement on your video. It has breathtaking scenes, very well color graded and edited but there're some scenes where horizon is a tilted, some scenes have noise and others a litle of color cast of shadows (red / violet / green)

Hope this help you

Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing! Your music selection was great, the use of SFX was perfect, just enough and appropriate. The shots were stunning and the mix was excellent. I watched every minute and I often fast-forward through videos over 3-mins.

Vegard
WOW! great video.. loved the scene at 1.12 flying from behind the guy.
Well done!

Vegard
In part it has a "Lord of the Rings" feel to it.

This just makes me want to throw away everything I've filmed so far and start over...in another country. LOL The scenery is awesome as well as the color grading and sound effects.

Vegard
This was a very well done video in most ways, and I have only a few minimal comments to try to help improve what is already a spectacular film. I was constantly wishing that you dwelled a second or two on most scenes. There was so much natural raw beauty that I would have liked to dwell on these for a moment or two longer. Your zoom transitions were distracting and a bit cheesy. Rather, a cross fade dissolve would have made for a more pleasing transition. The length was perfect. The music selection was appropriate. The editing was excellent.

Having been to this area to see the Hardanger Fjord, stav churches, and driving with ferry connections through most the fjord land, I'd really love to go back now with a drone!

Well done!

Dale
Miami

I do have one question, I noticed the zoom transition through the tunnel and was wondering if you had to speed up a little because you were losing GPS?

Personally, I don't know what you can do to improve this video. Great job!

Vegard
Great video production. Maybe tighten up the coherence of the story. Was there a reason for revisiting the village as opposed to a more in depth first run. You might want to check out Spicemaster by Pixelan.com It would give you options other than straight cuts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom