DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is just plain dumb, IMHO

What law is he breaking?
No seriously, cite me a paragraph because so far nobody has been able to. I'm only asking because I'm not an expert in US law and would like to educate myself.

Also, please don't call for censoring things you don't like.

This was Reno, NV, so he is almost certainly in violation of 14 CFR Part 107, which that flight would fall under because it doesn't satisfy the applicability requirements of Part 101 subpart E (in force at that time).

It would fail Part 101 applicability because it does not comply with community guidelines, and it would be in violation of Part 107 because the pilot did not maintain VLOS.

That said - it's a remarkable demonstration of flying skills and I think it's a stretch to argue that anything other than the aircraft itself was at risk.

This was Reno, NV, so he is almost certainly in violation of 14 CFR Part 107, which that flight would fall under because it doesn't satisfy the applicability requirements of Part 101 subpart E (in force at that time).

It would fail Part 101 applicability because it does not comply with community guidelines, and it would be in violation of Part 107 because the pilot did not maintain VLOS.

That said - it's a remarkable demonstration of flying skills and I think it's a stretch to argue that anything other than the aircraft itself was at risk.
I did get to watch it then. for some reason I can't click on the video itself, it gives me an error, but I have to click on the word YouTube in the link above the video window.

That was impressive flying. I'm 1000% sure that my Mavic 2 is not that agile. I can understand now why people will custom build their own racing drones.

He did get awful close to wires at 1:24 I think the drone would have taken all the damage, like you said.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki