DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is my first time to post in this section of the Forum

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
I feel like I have two traits that don't lend themselves to stunning video. The first one is Noob, the second one is Old!

But, you have to begin somewhere. I took my first Drone flight last February 5th. I took 4K video during that flight and couldn't wait to see it. The problem was that my computer was 8 years old and would not play 4K video. I practiced with 1080P and that actually looks pretty good. Thank you DJI! So here is a link to the second version of my 1st real video, other than practice videos. I hope you find it acceptable. Feel free to critique the video. I can use the help.

One question about the video. During the early to mid part of the video I am flying over a shoreline and you will notice ripples in the water, or what you see are video artifacts. I don't know. Let me know if you have any ideas.
The name of the video is Pardee 2. Pardee 2

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

IMHO some of the scenes were "washed out" looking. Also in a couple of the shots it looks like you flew over people, which isn't supposed to be done. Scenery is beautiful. You will find most people won't watch it to the end, it seems like about 1:30 mins is average watch time.

There are many excellent photographers on here that I am sure will respond.

P.S. Never considered yourself old if you are out there doing things and enjoying life !

Last edited:
age does not matter ,the ripples were on the water not a video issue, the most important thing is that you enjoy your pastime, and you know what they say practice makes perfect

Man that's beautiful. What I wouldn't give to take a video like that. Really, you should be proud, excellent!!!

Man that's beautiful. What I wouldn't give to take a video like that. Really, you should be proud, excellent!!!
Wow, thank you, Sir!

I feel like I have two traits that don't lend themselves to stunning video. The first one is Noob, the second one is Old!

But, you have to begin somewhere. I took my first Drone flight last February 5th. I took 4K video during that flight and couldn't wait to see it. The problem was that my computer was 8 years old and would not play 4K video. I practiced with 1080P and that actually looks pretty good. Thank you DJI! So here is a link to the second version of my 1st real video, other than practice videos. I hope you find it acceptable. Feel free to critique the video. I can use the help.

One question about the video. During the early to mid part of the video I am flying over a shoreline and you will notice ripples in the water, or what you see are video artifacts. I don't know. Let me know if you have any ideas.
The name of the video is Pardee 2. Pardee 2

I do have a comment. At 1:04 the music track stops for a second or two, then the new music comes in. One of my favorite tricks is to OVERLAP the tracks to avoid the dead space. I start the new music track on another time line with an overlap. The fade out the old and fade in the new. Better sound transition that way.

The colors also seemed faded. Maybe needs some more tweaking of the sliders.

I really do wish I knew how to correct the striations in the water. It looks like a football field striping.

Still , overall the video was very nice Good flying, slow and not jerky. Good editing. Perhaps you could shorten it up a bit. Great effort. As far the "OLD" part- I am going to be 82 September and feel I am getting better at video editing with each try.

I liked your video overall. I thought your composition was balanced horizontally and vertically, as seen when you are flying over the top of the dam. Your post editing was sharp. I agree about length. It's like writing an essay, 1st draft, then cut it in half 2nd draft, then cut it in half again, and you have the final draft. If that was your first time, I'm impressed. Also I thought your flight was smooth, especially your turns.

I do have a comment. At 1:04 the music track stops for a second or two, then the new music comes in. One of my favorite tricks is to OVERLAP the tracks to avoid the dead space. I start the new music track on another time line with an overlap. The fade out the old and fade in the new. Better sound transition that way.

The colors also seemed faded. Maybe needs some more tweaking of the sliders.

I really do wish I knew how to correct the striations in the water. It looks like a football field striping.

Still , overall the video was very nice Good flying, slow and not jerky. Good editing. Perhaps you could shorten it up a bit. Great effort. As far the "OLD" part- I am going to be 82 September and feel I am getting better at video editing with each try.
Thanks for looking, Dale. I do have to spend some time on color adjustment. There are many great features to my editor (CyberLink PowerDirector) and they are reasonably easy to apply, just so many possibilities.

Regarding the Audio Track, I actually programed for what you heard. I'll, try the overlap technique on an upcoming video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21