DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is weird

Eijin

Reactions
I haven't noticed anything like that before,maybe it's my lack of knowledge but the mavics sd card act weird I have just moved all my videos to internal storage leaving few small files like logs and yet app says that the sd card is over 50% full showing that there are no files on it at the same time.

?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-01-13-56-58.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-01-13-56-58.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 90
If there is nothing on it anymore, re-format it and it will often clear it up. Sometimes it will hold onto temporary files that you cannot see.

If there is nothing on it anymore, re-format it and it will often clear it up. Sometimes it will hold onto temporary files that you cannot see.
Yeah I have noticed it before on this sd card formatting obviously helped I have just found it weird that after moving all videos the amount of occupied space did not change.

I'm also aware of .tmp files my knowledge is not that limited:) yet 5gb of potentially temps is still a bit.

Definitely, 5 GB is a lot for temp files. Have you tried that card in any other recording device to see if it is just the Mavic recordings, or everything that is holding that much?

Never checked the index files but do those report any files sizes for the videos you had there? Perhaps it might be reading something like that but honestly you probably just need to delete all the files, not necessarily format.

You probably put some files in the "trash" on your computer without emptying it afterwards, so they're still actually there ready to recover, just in a hidden folder.

F
Definitely, 5 GB is a lot for temp files. Have you tried that card in any other recording device to see if it is just the Mavic recordings, or everything that is holding that much?
You probably put some files in the "trash" on your computer without emptying it afterwards, so they're still actually there ready to recover, just in a hidden folder.

Well it's not an issue because each time I format sd card every seems to sound it's only weird because; for an example half of the card is full with videos then I move them to different storage....but nothing on sd changes expect that the videos are gone still half way occupied. You can clearly see this on the screenshot there are no videos yet over 5gb is occupied.

Just weird never mind:)

"Videos" might only be looking in the android standard "Movies" folder, DJI videos would be somewhere else.

My guess is you are either copying instead of moving, or you're moving but didn't give your file manager app write permissions to the card so it fails to delete at the end of the transfer.

"Videos" might only be looking in the android standard "Movies" folder, DJI videos would be somewhere else.

My guess is you are either copying instead of moving, or you're moving but didn't give your file manager app write permissions to the card so it fails to delete at the end of the transfer.
No I'm not copying :) I know what I'm doing and as look at the screenshot....first let me tell you that I manually check each folder and directory if there are any large files that I'm missing-there are not and to confirm that look at the screenshot of file analysing app it shows that there are only few small documents and nothing else. And no I have not checked for hidden files but that's only because I would be **** shocked to find that the system generates 5gb of hidden either thumbs or temps:)

I have no bet on this one.

Kilrah is right. You are missing something.

Guys I may be missing something I'm not saying I'm not. But again-look at the screenshot the app-and it's high rated app from the store-is missing something as well:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-01-13-56-58.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-01-13-56-58.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 7
And we've been telling you that this is most likely not representative becasue it wouldn't show hidden files, wouldn't show something in a trash folder, and maybe wouldn't even show stuff that's not in the standard media folders. And you've got a link to an app that will.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar