DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

This is why you don't fly your drone near an airport

Reactions: guest_1121
You could be right. But you’d have to call that airport to confirm if it was true or not, instead of dismissing cos it might be inconvenient.
The planes circling would be because they were directed by air traffic controllers. I don’t think any of them would want to be responsible for any accident. Even if it’s a minor collision which resulted in scratches, it puts the plane out of action until it can be inspected by engineers, and officials to find out who owned the drone. And the airline that owns the plane is going a file a claim with the airport for allowing the plane to land. And that air traffic controller would get fired. If it does cause a plane to crash, the air traffic controller will live the rest of his/her life knowing they were partly responsible for it. “Why did he/she allow the plane to land, instead of taking evasive course, having been informed a drone was spotted nearby”. It can’t just be dismissed as just the drone pilot’s fault.

@FLYBOYJ remember that we have support from the academy of model aeronautics organization (AMA). They are like the NRA but for the RC airplanes / drones / helicopters. They represent us in Washington DC. If one of these politicians try to restrict the hobby. We can complain to AMA and they will fight for our freedom.
I don't think they have quite the influence of the NRA.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
Drone owners who continue to push the boundaries of common sense and already established rules will certainly bring unwanted regulation to this hobby. The trend has always been, "if you don't "police" yourselves, then the Government will do so for you".

Just because this is (currently) a "hobby" doesn't mean we get to do what we want to do.

And if not done at a Federal Level, local authorities will step in.

Really too bad!

Reactions: Drgnfli and Air Or
I don't think they have quite the influence of the NRA.

They may not be as powerful as the NRA but at least we have something that represent us in case politicians wants to take our freedom away. The NRA is much more powerful because they have rich folks giving millions to the NRA plus have the full republicans party support.

Do they redirect aircraft if an eagle flies past, or a heron, or maybe a seagull? What is the difference?

Is it just me or is this a very old thread being brought up again. Let's move forward please.
Maybe an old topic, but new to some eyes. You know that you can chose NOT to read and respond, right?

Which was why I started the thread with "Nice graphics". I think it would be nice to have a software that we can upload out own flight logs and view out own flight path in 3D space.
But yeah, reported sighting of drones near an airport, real or fake, is bound to be hot topic. And it'll affect flights.

can a single 2 pound seagull take down an airplane?
Seriously? Does it make you feel smart making stupid comments? This was just meant to bring awareness about flying responsibly, as a human being, with at least half a brain. It doesn't apply to bird brains.

What is causing problems besides flying in restricted zones, is the altitude. You are limited to 400 ft (120M) Idiots are up there at crazy heights, some like 2500M. Even here in Auckland New Zealand we have idiots droning at 1700 feet just 2 miles from Auckland International Airport. They are spoiling it for the rest of us. ****!
Thanks for doing that Mods, I am not happy with the idiots who are just plain stupid

Reactions: 4wd
Seriously? Does it make you feel smart making stupid comments? This was just meant to bring awareness about flying responsibly, as a human being, with at least half a brain. It doesn't apply to bird brains.

Thanks for the personal insult. Great way to avoid the question.

I'm trying to bring down hysteria with a serious question. What is the danger that a 2 pound seagull poses to a plane?

Thanks for the personal insult. Great way to avoid the question.

I'm trying to bring down hysteria with a serious question. What is the danger that a 2 pound seagull poses to a plane?
You are right. It wasn’t a nice thing to say. Sorry.
I guess I’ve found myself contributing to the negative tone of the topic of flying responsibly and pushing the limits. Too many of these sort of threads over the last couple of weeks.
I shall endeavour to do a better job of self-censoring my thoughts and opinion before posting. Maybe just take a break from saying anything at all, cos it doesn’t seem to make any difference anyway.

Hmmm. More governmental spying. I believe in responsible flying in accordance with the law, but having an airport nanny just seems a little bit an invasion of privacy. They can see you and your email even if you're flying outside their protected airspace. They say they can't see your images but I bet there are models of that device that can, you just need to be in the right enforcement agency. Yea I know, I'm wrong in my opinion and my tin foil hat is too tight, but it's my opinion and nobody has to agree with it.

Reactions: DroningOn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming