DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Those C1 and C2 buttons on the DJI RC...

scro

Reactions
Can they only be set for controlling the gimbal reset/straight down, as implied in the manual?

Also the 2 dials, are they bound to gimbal pitch and zoom, with no other options?

Can they only be set for controlling the gimbal reset/straight down, as implied in the manual?

Also the 2 dials, are they bound to gimbal pitch and zoom, with no other options?
The options are listed on the Control tab of the settings in the Fly app. Look for the Button Customization header. Touch a current setting and a pop-up box will list the available options.

It's disappointing that there are no double-press control options available with the smart controller as there are on other models. Is that also true with the conventional controller?

There are no options for the two dial functions on the smart controller. It's also disappointing that there aren't multiple commands available with the use of the function button as on the conventional controller. It seems like that could have been done using the C1 and C2 buttons.

Last edited:
Thanks @MS Coast 🙂 However, I don't have a mini3 or dji rc to see in Fly what options can be assigned to the buttons and am curious to know.

Thanks @MS Coast 🙂 However, I don't have a mini3 or dji rc to see in Fly what options can be assigned to the buttons and am curious to know.
Aha. I'll start the M3P up again and write them down.

Available options are the same for C1 and C2
  • Recenter gimbal
  • Portrait/landscape mode swithc
  • Camera settings
  • AE Lock/unlock
  • Decrease EV
  • Increase EV
  • Hyperlapse cruise control

I am finding the list of functions for C1 and C2 a bit limited.

The two features I am particularly wishing to see are:

1. reset home position to controllers location (I will be doing a lot of boat filming shortly)
2. take a screenshot of the RC screen - The information there would be a useful addition to the photos normal meta data

If you press and hold C1 or C2 and move the right scroll switch left or right, you can also control the shutter speed and ISO.

If you press and hold C1 or C2 and move the right scroll switch left or right, you can also control the shutter speed and ISO.
Only in PRO, or in AUTO too?

EDIT: Just did a quick test in the living room, only works in PRO.

Left button shutter, bottoms out at 1/30s. Right button changes ISO.

Very nice find!

Last edited:
Only in PRO, or in AUTO too?

EDIT: Just did a quick test in the living room, only works in PRO.

Left button shutter, bottoms out at 1/30s. Right button changes ISO.

Very nice find!
The C1/C2 + left scroll wheel combo does nothing, which is a shame. A configurable left scroll wheel combo would be nice.
It makes sense that DJI limited the lower shutter speed to 1/30 for a 24mm lens to protect the user from blurry images. Still, 1/30 is a bit overkill for an image stabalised camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting