DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thought I lost video from my crash

Rick0504N

Reactions
Although it still pains me to watch (although nowhere near as much as the first few times) I thought that I had lost the footage from that flight because I could not access the video file from my SD card. I’ve read that this could happen after a crash, and sure enough it did.

Since I rarely use the Go 4 app to view my vids (even the shortened auto-edited versions), I forgot about that option.

This morning I found the full file on the app and saved it to my iPhone Photos so that I can edit it and use it in a YouTube vid. And I can edit out the collision with the tree...

-Rich

Although it still pains me to watch (although nowhere near as much as the first few times) I thought that I had lost the footage from that flight because I could not access the video file from my SD card. I’ve read that this could happen after a crash, and sure enough it did.

Since I rarely use the Go 4 app to view my vids (even the shortened auto-edited versions), I forgot about that option.

This morning I found the full file on the app and saved it to my iPhone Photos so that I can edit it and use it in a YouTube vid. And I can edit out the collision with the tree...

-Rich

The video file on the card is almost certainly repairable - probably simply by powering up the aircraft. The file on the app is unlikely to be full resolution.

Well, hopefully I’m never in this position again. I just assumed that somehow the file became un-readable due to the crash. And I re-formatted afterwards to test it out with new video, so it was gone at that point. But good to know. Thank you. And I don’t mind the quality of the video from the app. It will do just fine for the vid I am putting together from that day (combined with camcorder footage)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brigadier B