DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

thoughts on pano problems

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've seen this a few times lately when trying to create a 360 pano. Additionally there is a black hole at the bottom of the 360. Any thoughts? This is a section taken straight from the DJI rendition of the 360. Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 10.12.50 AM.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Are these issues still there if you download the RAW files and merge them manually (say in Lightroom)?
I believe these functions are quite processor intensive and maybe, I've seen a similar problem temporarily on the screen during a flight but I always just record RAW and merge manually. Maybe try smaller jpegs. When doing it manually you often get black segments in the corners just because the pano doesn't have images to cover the whole area. If auto is selected in Lightroom it just crops the black out. I prefer to load it into PS and use Fill/Content Aware to maintain the largest area if possible.
Nice view, no bison or deer?

I’ll have to look into merging a 360 in lightroom. I’ve not tried it.

If Lightroom doesn’t work then the ultimate pano tool is PTGUI. But you’ll have to convert the raws to tiffs or jpegs first. If it’s possible, PTGUI will merge it.

If Lightroom doesn’t work then the ultimate pano tool is PTGUI. But you’ll have to convert the raws to tiffs or jpegs first. If it’s possible, PTGUI will merge it.
I'm going to have to go back and work at PTGUI. I've played with it ( I have it installed) but find it really quite obtuse.

It’s a powerful piece of SW but don’t think to hard about. Load all your images (make sure they include all their Metadata if you have previously processed them) then create the preview and Create Panorama button. It will figure out the best projection although you can experiment with alternatives. I’ve never found creating yr own control points has any value.

I'm going to have to go back and work at PTGUI. I've played with it ( I have it installed) but find it really quite obtuse.
Play with it for a while....took me some time but the effort was well worth it.

I've never had an issue loading raws into PTGUI, but haven't tried to use it with files from my Air2S. Is it just DJI raw files that don't work with PTGUI?

I've never had an issue loading raws into PTGUI, but haven't tried to use it with files from my Air2S. Is it just DJI raw files that don't work with PTGUI?
DJI RAW files work fine in PTGUI.....I have loaded them from my M2P, stitched, exported a TIFF and then edited it in On1 RAW. Works like a charm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie