Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Throw launch method works really well

Cut.Aussie

Reactions
When the ground is not good, this method works really well

One of the better instructional vids on YouTube

Reactions: MTM
3 close calls in less than 8 minutes and he risked his Face getting sucked into the props is not that bad. ?
I did find throwing the Drone an interesting concept and something that I might be able to utilize.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Two Tips:

You can do as he does and start the motors spinning but no need to toss the Mini. Just raise your hand up a few inches/centimeters, then drop your hand. The mini will start hovering at the higher position as it does when he tosses it. It hovers at the top of the toss and maintains its position.

Also when hand catching, if you grab it in your fingers and move your hand lower the motors will speed up trying to maintain its altitude. It gets scary. Most people squeeze it tighter and and then fumble with the controller trying to lower the throttle to shut the motors off. Instead, you can just release the mini and it will climb slightly and hover. You could also just raise it up a few inches to the original altitude it's trying to get to and the motors will slow. The other option, do as he did and twist it on it's side for an immediate emergency motor stop.

Reactions: drone_dh and OldGuy
I would rather just hand launch, why risk crashing your aircraft? Hand launch is not difficult.... I will say, kinda fun to watch (someone else) do it though. ?

If you think about it, the "throw" isn't so magical. All you're doing is pushing it up then letting go. As noted, the AC will hover at whatever altitude you let it go.

If you think about it, the "throw" isn't so magical. All you're doing is pushing it up then letting go. As noted, the AC will hover at whatever altitude you let it go.

What I like is that after start the motors are only idling, it’s the actual throwing it up then it detects gravity is taking over and powers up to enter a stable hover.

Also when hand catching, if you grab it in your fingers and move your hand lower the motors will speed up trying to maintain its altitude. It gets scary. Most people squeeze it tighter and and then fumble with the controller trying to lower the throttle to shut the motors off. Instead, you can just release the mini and it will climb slightly and hover. You could also just raise it up a few inches to the original altitude it's trying to get to and the motors will slow.
did survival have anything to do with you learning those little tricks??? ;)

I use the hand launch all the time and land it on my flat hand to. It is pretty easy... Just pull the 2 sicks down to start engins and push up to fly away and for landing just pull down and it will come down on your flat hand

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1