DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thumb injury anyone else?

wickett

Reactions
Hi
After a week of intense flying and 3d mapping of neolithic sites in Wales with my Mavic Pro and SCI had a shooting pain in the end of my left thumb. I t happened whilst driving and felt like some kind of sprain.
I have it in a splint now and had to cancel my CoC exam.
Anyone else experience hand problems or repetitive strain injuries from flying their drones?

I've been flying since 1974 and some weekends we fly for many hours a day. I flew for a film crew a couple years ago and we flew for one solid week sun up to sun down. I've yet to experience any pains what so ever.

How are you holding/gripping the sticks? Maybe you're tense and over gripping?

Reactions: Flycaster
Reactions: jimlips
Never had any kind of injury but the one problem I seem to have is when I try to do some kind of smooth manual flying by slightly pushing the sticks, my thumb will sometimes start shaking uncontrollably. Hate when that happens.

Reactions: BigAl07
If you're new at it you are probably way over controlling. That will solve itself over time. Don't aggravate the injury. Make sure you give it complete rest and time to heal.

I had hand injury years ago and if I use my thumb on the stick my hand cramps bad . If I use pinch method I run out of batteries with zero pain in the hand

My left thumb usually hurts. Not right now. I think from too much hand flapping. If I bite the part that hurts, it will not hurt for a while. No, I don't chew my thumb off.

I feel for you mate, repetitive strain injuries can be nasty.
I sometimes just lean against the base of the stick.
Hope you find relief and a quick resolution.
Safe pain-free flying mate...from Down Under Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929