DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thunderdrones sales, service, repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Former Member

Reactions
We, at Thunderdrones, repair DJI products every day. You might ask, "why send my drone to Thunderdrones instead of DJI even if my drone is under warranty?" There are many good reasons.

If you:
  • Have modified your drone and are afraid DJI will not know how to repair it
  • Have sent it to DJI but they sent you a bad bird back
  • Have a custom skin and want it to remain on the drone
  • Dont want to wait up to 2 months for DJI to repair it
  • Want your original drone back, not a refurb
  • Want very fast turnaround time on your repair
  • Want other advice in addition to the repair
  • Want your drone repaired economically
We have aviation in our blood, and have been doing repairs on every type of RC vehicle for a long time. It is our passion, and we want to help you get your drone back in the air.

Best regards,

Rob

It's worth mentioning that you arent DJI authorized or recommended. This means that any repairs you do will void any warranties and care refresh. It will also make the drone ineligible for care refresh plus in the future. You're a great option for those that have already voided the warranty and for those that dont care about the refresh care plan. Keep up the good work Thumbswayup

There are a bunch of companies out there that repair drones, but we, at Thunderdrones, are different. We are not a factory authorized service center, and we look at that as a good thing, and so do our customers. A DJI factory authorized service center, or at least every one that I know of, will not repair a broken part, they will replace it. If you need a new gimbal ribbon cable installed, a DJI service center will replace the whole gimbal. We repair them. If you need a new rear or front arm joint, DJI will replace the whole arm, we can just replace the broken joint, as long as the motor is still good.

Another way we cater to our customers is if your drone has been modified, or you wish to remain on the same firmware, we can do the repair as long as you let us know beforehand. We can repair your drone if you have a custom antenna on the controller, or any other custom accessories that you wish to preserve. Also, we leave your drone intact. If you need a new arm, and you have a skin on it, we will transplant the skin on to the new part. Likewise for the upper body, we can use your skin on the new part and don't charge any extra.

Another reason to let us fix your drone is that the drone you send us is the drone you will get back. We wont send you a refurb.

We are open almost every day, and are available by email at [email protected] and of course through conversations here on our gracious host, Mavicpilots.com.

Thank you for reading and have fun!

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always heard good things about Thunderdrones here on the forum so he has a good reputation for repairs.
If you are under warranty check the DJI site for authorized people. You could be like me and have one just a few miles away.
It only makes sense if you have a valid warranty, just be aware as it has been mentioned, DJI repairs your drone by sending you a refurb. Then yours eventually gets fixed and sent to someone else as a refurb, so it is rare if ever you get the same drone back that you sent in.

You have options and knowledge is power so do your research.

Reactions: macoman
Sorry to ask this question that have nothing to do with DJI but do you repairs drone from other brands? For example the popular Xiaomi 4k drone. I don't need it repair but just in case.

Reactions: Former Member
Thank you to all my wonderful customers.

Members, just be aware that DJI authorized repair shops do not repair components, they replace. If you need a rear arm joint, the will replace the whole arm and charge you parts and labor at $65 per hour. If you need a gimbal motor assembly, they will sell you an entire gimbal for upwards of $300 + labor, and not give you your old parts back. Broken 5 way switch on your controller? Time for a new controller. I can repair yours.

Yes it makes sense to send it to DJI if you have time to wait for DJI service to send it back and hope you get a good one. My turnaround time is dramatically shorter than DJI's and I send you a tracking number when it has been shipped. I ship very quickly after receiving payment. I test fly everything I sell or repair. When it comes back to you, it has been test flown and checked for errors. I will also leave your firmware where it was when you sent it to me if you ask me to. If you have mods that cant withstand a more recent firmware, DJI will send you a drone that most certainly will have a newer version firmware.

Im just trying to give members the information to balance their options when it comes to repairing their drones.

Best regards,

Rob

Sorry to ask this question that have nothing to do with DJI but do you repairs drone from other brands? For example the popular Xiaomi 4k drone. I don't need it repair but just in case.

Thanks for asking. I mainly work on DJI products such as the Spark, Mavic and Phantom series, but can work on any brand as long as I can get spare parts for it.

Thanks for asking. I mainly work on DJI products such as the Spark, Mavic and Phantom series, but can work on any brand as long as I can get spare parts for it.
Great to know. The reason I ask is because Xiaomi does not support any repairs outside of China. So in case I have an accident with this drone, you will be my first choice of contact!

Great idea. Ive lived all over Europe, and would like to set up a base there. I just need to find a reliable, honest, practical business partner. The rest is easy.
Drone business in EU is in preliminary stage. But it will grow as drone sales grow.

I have read a lot of positive posts about you, and I think you have earned community's respect. Wish you success, in business and life.

I've used Thunderdrones a couple of times and absolutely recommend his services! His prices are reasonable, turn around time is quick, your drone comes back as good as new and he's a really nice guy to deal with. If I ever need any work done in the future, he's my guy!

I've used Thunderdrones a couple of times and absolutely recommend his services! His prices are reasonable, turn around time is quick, your drone comes back as good as new and he's a really nice guy to deal with. If I ever need any work done in the future, he's my guy!

Gotta keep the Pig Fleet flying! ;)

I’ll look you guys up soon, I’m having an awful experience with DJIs’ customer service over a flawed bird that won’t connect to the remote, sent it in once for repair and when it got back repeated the exact same problem, seems they never got it right the first time. To say DJIs’ customer service is a nightmare would be a colossal understatement, I had no idea an industry leader in its field would be so horrible to paying customers, so yeah, I’ll look you guys up soon [emoji1360]

I’ll look you guys up soon, I’m having an awful experience with DJIs’ customer service over a flawed bird that won’t connect to the remote, sent it in once for repair and when it got back repeated the exact same problem, seems they never got it right the first time. To say DJIs’ customer service is a nightmare would be a colossal understatement, I had no idea an industry leader in its field would be so horrible to paying customers, so yeah, I’ll look you guys up soon [emoji1360]
Get an Autel Evo. That's what I mostly fly all the time. But still have my Mavic Pro platinum to fly sometimes.

Sorry for your bad experience with DJI but we can get you flying again and will let you know what the problem was.

Reactions: HLpz
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato