DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time/% before forced landing ?

Reactions: Chiuki

Thanks but I still get this error:​

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

But it isn't so important. I'm trying to understand the correlation between the (H)ome marker on the flight progress bar and the 2 dots within the red left section.
I fly with a CRO licence and inspect avalanche fences in the Alps, so I'm rarely very high Above Ground, but potentially 2.5-3km above takeoff point (depending on the highest spot I can park my 4WD) and rarely more than 800m distance from the Home point (depends on the mountainside gradient, of course)
My M2P descends at 8m/s (adjusted parameters) but that doesn't affect the RTH point on the flight progress calculation for some reason, thus the drone will begin to complain and initiate a forced RTH with (potentially) 50% battery remaining because of the altitude calculation.
How can I change that (or rather, is it even possible to adjust a parameter that factors in the increased descent speed).
If I RTH when It complains, I land with 12-14minutes of potential flight time still possible, according to the progress bar.
If I ignore the RTH until it gets low enough to force RTH or landing, the descent speed is capped at 6m/s which still takes 3.5-4m to descend and land from the avalanche fence areas. But, when the drone reaches the Home point, it shows 25-30% remaining battery even though it was forcing a landing.

Are there some parameters that I can adjust to maximize the high-altitude inspection time without fighting a drone that won't stay in place without stick input?

Last edited:

Thanks but I still get this error:​

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
The Mavic Software Mods forum section is a bit special ...

You can't access it because you haven't checked the box in your profile to access it. Go into your account and check this box. That gives you access to software and firmware mods.
EB4C9E36-D66A-4B57-AB06-0E0A6A58422A.jpeg

Reactions: sar104 and Chiuki
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag