DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time/ Date stamp

RomeoC130

Reactions
Hello everyone,

Quick question. How can I add a time date stamp to pictures I take with my Mavic? I am shooting some pics for a project and the project owner would like to have that stamp for documentation purposes. Any help would be appreciated.

Vince

Hello everyone,

Quick question. How can I add a time date stamp to pictures I take with my Mavic? I am shooting some pics for a project and the project owner would like to have that stamp for documentation purposes. Any help would be appreciated.

Vince

Perhaps when you download the pictures you could look at properties (at least you can in a real computer with Windows) and then add the stamp in a photo editor. That might be even better as you could stamp in a brand new banner area and not mess up the original picture at all.

Reactions: RomeoC130
Thanks TTF, that's a good idea. I shoot in RAW, what software are you using to edit photos?

Since I travel full time I am down to a decent point and shoot, the useless cell phone and now the Mavic. I have not done RAW since I hit the road seven years ago. I used the Nikon software when I had my D200. Now what little I do is in Irfan View, simple stuff. I try to keep my life simple. Nowhere to go and all day to get there.

There is free software named 'Namexif' that grabs the metadata off the photo and renames the files by the year month day and time. Its not really a date stamp on the photo but its at least easy to see when the photo was taken. There is other software that can do the same thing that is possibly better than Namexif but it does what I need. The following article gives a rundown on its capabilities. Please delete if not allowed. How To Automatically Batch Rename Photos With Dates They Were Shot

Hey Romeo, the time and dat and even the GPS location will be in the Exif data, just right click the photo, properties, details.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78