DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time for goodbye to DJI?

Once LAANC is integrated into Go, then the LAANC approval would be your unlock. There still would be issues with manual clearance and waivers.

Well folks, while fun as a toy, I am finding the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller for actual paid work in my business to be an epic fail, I am very very close to selling it all and cutting my losses.

Up until I ordered my DJI setup in early August, I had been sub contracting out drone pilots to provide that avenue of content creation on various commercial jobs. I had refrained from getting one my self because I did not feel the image quality and still camera ability was quite up to par in the price point I was looking to spend.
A big part of the reason for getting the M2P and associated accessories *and* my P107 cert was a fairly important job that has since passed as of yesterday. Basically it was to be a series of aerial images made for a world famous architect of a both a finished building and a proposed site, the former in a 50AGL NFZ and latter in a 0 AGL NFZ that I am able to easily get LAANC approval through Skyward.

Out of 18 planned flights over a two week period, I managed to fly three batteries on two days. The rest of the time DJI’s horrendous self unlock protocols via the smart controller simply locked us out, we missed SO MANY prime time slots for getting this content it was disgusting. The client while super frustrated like I was understood and has heard from several people this is becoming a bigger issue with the newer models of DJI drones. But even though this client understood, they are not paying for what they don’t have so I am out $15,000 because of this POS toy!

I invested my time into getting my P107, learning how to fly responsibly and to do everything right and this company has done nothing but let me down. NLD says they are working on a patch that could get the FW back down to the one where I can at least apply the NFZ patch but it is still an unknown at this time.

So in the meantime, I have completely wasted my time, effort and money on this toy. I’m beyond pissed and someone is probably going to get a great deal on a M2P, SC and a bunch of accessories.

What an absolute POS company and a joke of a product.

I'm sorry about your frustration. I'd be VERY interested in a GREAT deal on your M2P. I love mine but I don't rely on it for commercial work. If you wanna sell, I'm your guy!
Mavic Bo

Yes with prior coordination with the local FSDO and Appropriate Airport personnel, and then if you have the proper requirements as far as equipment, established safety operations, etc. etc. It happens more frequently than you think. But not by simply using ONLY a LAANC request.

I wasn’t sure if you could use LAANC to request a flight in a LAANC 0 area. I thought all airspace exceptions within LAANC-controlled space happened 100% outside of the automated LAANC system.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_