DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Time table from 107 knowledge test passage till I can fly a job?

brett8883

Reactions
Newly minted 107 Pilot here.

I took and passed my part 107 knowledge test Monday afternoon. It was my understanding that after I took the test I would have to wait the 24-48 hours for test test to get in the system and then I could apply for my Airmen Certificate at which point I would receive a temporary Airman Certificate and would eventually get the permanent one after a few months.

Well I applied for my Airman Certificate and then it said that it would be another 2 weeks before I got my temporary certificate.

Does this mean I have to wait the two weeks before I get my “wings” and cannot fly under part 107 till then? That was the impression I got from their materials but I wasn’t told that explicitly.

I think I remember some people making LAANC requests using the certificate # of “pending” but I don’t remember the circumstances. At any rate at what point after the initial knowledge test is passed can I start flying for hire?

Thanks

Reactions: Carb63
To give you a bit of a timeline, I passed the 107 exam July 3rd, applied on IACRA July 5, got my temporary cert July 12, and got my card in the mail August 25.

Does this mean I have to wait the two weeks before I get my “wings” and cannot fly under part 107 till then?

Or so. My wait was only a week, though I've heard of others waiting longer.

I think I remember some people making LAANC requests using the certificate # of “pending” but I don’t remember the circumstances.

On your temporary certificate it'll say "Pending" in the certificate number section. You'll get an actual certificate number when your card comes in.

Reactions: brett8883
To give you a bit of a timeline, I passed the 107 exam July 3rd, applied on IACRA July 5, got my temporary cert July 12, and got my card in the mail August 25.

Or so. My wait was only a week, though I've heard of others waiting longer.

On your temporary certificate it'll say "Pending" in the certificate number section. You'll get an actual certificate number when your card comes in.
Great thanks so much!

Reactions: Carb63
Ok so I checked IACRA to find out the status of my application and it says the status is "Transferred to Airman Registry" and when I print out my application it says that a temporary Certificate has been issued but I don't know how to find this or if this page itself is the temporary certificate. I think if it is that was real quick but it says the status is as of 9/12 which is after I submitted the application and before today's date so I don't know. I thought I would know it when I saw it since I thought it would have my Airman Certificate # on it but now that you've made me aware it won't I am not really sure.

This is just part of the Application but its the only part that I am not sure was there when I first submitted.

AirMan_Cert_edited.jpg

Here's how the status looks in IACRA
IACRA_console.jpg

Any insight would be most appreciated

It will probably take a couple weeks to get youe businesas licence, figure out your state and local taxes and all the other thingsthat are involved when going into buisness besides your 107 anyway. unless you have already done that.
Good luck in your new enterprise
Fly safe

Ok so I checked IACRA to find out the status of my application and it says the status is "Transferred to Airman Registry" and when I print out my application it says that a temporary Certificate has been issued but I don't know how to find this or if this page itself is the temporary certificate. I think if it is that was real quick but it says the status is as of 9/12 which is after I submitted the application and before today's date so I don't know. I thought I would know it when I saw it since I thought it would have my Airman Certificate # on it but now that you've made me aware it won't I am not really sure.

This is just part of the Application but its the only part that I am not sure was there when I first submitted.

View attachment 81722

Here's how the status looks in IACRA
View attachment 81724

Any insight would be most appreciated
Thanks for your post - I am in the exact same situation. Took the test and passed - submitted the online form -have the same response - now waiting for confirmation.

Last edited:
Reactions: brett8883
Just keep checking IACRA. Once your temporary certificate is available, you’ll see the option to print it. I saw this days before I received the email notification telling me it was available.

10EF1DD6-EF39-4CF4-8437-D1C92E35A001.jpeg

Last edited:
@brett8883 - I submitted my application on 9/12 and my temp certificate was available for printing today (9/17)

@brett8883 - I submitted my application on 9/12 and my temp certificate was available for printing today (9/17)
I looked again today and it was available for me as well ?. Might have been available earlier but I was working on that Zen thing and so I didn’t check again till just now.

Thanks everybody!

I looked again today and it was available for me as well ?. Might have been available earlier but I was working on that Zen thing and so I didn’t check again till just now.

Thanks everybody!
@brett8883 and others here: Thanks for posting the question and the update with timeline. I passed my exam (9/28) then submitted my application today (9/30) when I saw that the exam was available in the FAA database.

Almost there..
giphy.gif

I got my Temporary Certificate today!

Reactions: Redleg
Congrats @Redleg ! And thanks for sharing this status with the rest of us.

Reactions: Redleg
Congrats @Redleg ! And thanks for sharing this status with the rest of us.
My pleasure. I thought it noteworthy that @JamieB had the exact same number of calendar days (53) elapsed:

Reactions: JamieB
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803