DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tips & info on what to do if your MA2 goes down

Realdeal2420

Reactions
Hi I am new to this site and also a new owner of a MA2. I have about 9 flights under my belt and I keep go a little further each time. I am still very nervous when flying out away from me. I was thinking that I have no idea what to do if my MA2 would go down and what I should do. How do you get GPS coordinates from the DJI fly app? Should you take a photo and use the pic info to get the coordinates? I would appreciate any information you guys have. This might seem like a stupid question but I am very new to this and just looking for some tips. Thanks guys

Hopefully your drone never "goes down" but... if it does...

You should already have the FLY app open, so just open your Minimap to see a current location of the drone. When you get nearby, open the "Profile" section of the app, and click "Find my Drone".

Happy Flying!

Enjoy your new addiction!

Pretend Sport mode does NOT exist for now.

Make sure your RTH action and height are set correctly before EVERY FLIGHT.

Hopefully your drone never "goes down" but... if it does...

You should already have the FLY app open, so just open your Minimap to see a current location of the drone. When you get nearby, open the "Profile" section of the app, and click "Find my Drone".

Happy Flying!

Enjoy your new addiction!

Pretend Sport mode does NOT exist for now.

Make sure your RTH action and height are set

correctly before EVERY FLIGHT.

Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it. Just wanted to be prepared so I don’t panic and lose my mind. Lol.

Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it. Just wanted to be prepared so I don’t panic and lose my mind. Lol.
No problem at all!

That's what we're here for!

You should introduce yourself in the "Pilot check in" section. You'll get lots of great info, and meet some of the heavy hitters here. Have a great day!

You can open your fly app right now! And look at the map “find my drone” for the last known location (it’ll be when you ended your last flight)

if you want some extra piece of mind to assist locating a downed drone in conjunction with the find my drone function look into the ARC XL strobe LED with LAND technology. Basically if the strobe doesn’t sense movement (downed drone) for 4 minutes it will sound an alarm a 90db beep. As it’s a separate battery not linked to drone power it gives that xtra time and noticeable interactions As you go searching you will hear or see the strobe. Aerial-pixel make mounts for the lights. I like them with line of sight too. I am always struggling to find the drone if it is in front of say a tree background, certain cloud backgrounds, etc.

Last edited:
You can open your fly app right now! And look at the map “find my drone” for the last known location (it’ll be when you ended your last flight)

if you want some extra piece of mind to assist locating a downed drone in conjunction with the find my drone function look into the ARC XL strobe LED with LAND technology. Basically if the strobe doesn’t sense movement (downed drone) for 4 minutes it will sound an alarm a 90db beep. As it’s a separate battery not linked to drone power it gives that xtra time and noticeable interactions As you go searching you will hear or see the strobe. Aerial-pixel make mounts for the lights. I like them with line of sight too. I am always struggling to find the drone if it is in front of say a tree background, certain cloud backgrounds, etc.
Thank you this is the exact information I was looking for. Great information!!!! Thanks again

Reactions: volition
I’d also add as I didn’t think about it. Your logs are also stored on your app/phone. You can use the DJI fly app to replay the flight.

But even better is “Airdata UAV” you can automate your logs to be updated over on their website. (Create account/under account settings/DJI login) with that you can get a wealth of information. Additionally a host of other insight into your flights, drone & battery health, maintenance schedules, etc

That service is incredible useful for any level of drone pilot. It is one of my limited Online subscriptions that I cannot live without. Even the free account is more then useful.

I’d also add as I didn’t think about it. Your logs are also stored on your app/phone. You can use the DJI fly app to replay the flight.

But even better is “Airdata UAV” you can automate your logs to be updated over on their website. (Create account/under account settings/DJI login) with that you can get a wealth of information. Additionally a host of other insight into your flights, drone & battery health, maintenance schedules, etc

That service is incredible useful for any level of drone pilot. It is one of my limited Online subscriptions that I cannot live without. Even the free account is more then useful.

Perfect thank you, I will definitely look into that.

Reactions: volition
Note that the phone data only is complete when the downlink remains solid. If it fails, which is common in these kinds of situations, the phone data ends when connection is lost. The drone will still continue, and you can only guess where it is based on extrapolating from the last known position, which is what is recorded on the phone.

Reactions: Realdeal2420
I was thinking that I have no idea what to do if my MA2 would go down and what I should do.
How do you get GPS coordinates from the DJI fly app?
Should you take a photo and use the pic info to get the coordinates?
The recorded flight data contains much more information than most flyers know how to use.
If you can't read it, post it here and someone will analyse it for you.
You can only get location data from the original images on your SD card

The recorded flight data contains much more information than most flyers know how to use.
If you can't read it, post it here and someone will analyse it for you.
You can only get location data from the original images on your SD card
Got it thank you

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine