DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tips over on takeoff

ken91773

Reactions
Problem? When trying to taking off, aircraft tips over toward front right corner then motors shut off due to extreme angle.

Was unit in a crash? Yes, had a minor crash where aircraft ended vertically with one prop sandwiched between objects causing sudden stoppage. (Guards were on) Blades became bent and they were replaced. Not sure if it’s the same corner but no visible damage to motor.

What have you tried so far? Calibrated IMU. Held firmly in hand in takeoff mode and could feel the front right motor is spinning but weak.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Iphone

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest

What Go app version are you using? Latest

Any modification?
(if so what) no

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) no

Did you put the new props in the right places? Some are clockwise rotation others are counter clockwise. Look for the white markings on the props and the Mavic.

Are you using OEM DJI props? I'm curious since the OEM DJI props cannot be installed on the wrong motors.

Reactions: genesimmons
It is interesting as there was a post a little while ago where an Air had the same problem. Using OEM props, he was able to install them on the wrong motors.
I wonder if there was a bad batch that came out or something...

I wonder if there was a bad batch that came out or something...
Not sure. I'm not able to lock mine onto the wrong motors.

I've hear of cases where they have been forced on and they go on the wrong location, they should never easily be able to be installed in the wrong location.

They will go on but don’t lock properly.

Begs the question: has the OP damaged the interface by 'forcing' the wrong prop on??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS