Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To all the Neigh sayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andart

Reactions
The GOOD NEWS for me......

All I can say is the best camera/drone in the world is no use at home , also the best camera/drone normally is quiet complicated and takes time to set up.
Now the Mavic Mini what can I say with a hair band wrapped around the props you could honestly just put it in your trouser pocket and remote in other pocket , but realistically you can carry it in a bag and take it every where you go even if you don't plan on using it .
Also I don't think that you will get bogged down with loads of extras especially if you don't register it as you can't go over the weight .
In a matter of a minute you can take it from case and launch it and one of the best things about it is how very quiet it is and if some one watches you launch or take it out of your bag it draws no attention as it just looks like a kids toy .
Now if any one was expecting all the bells and whistles and technology of a $1500 drone for $399 then there is the reason why they are complaining.
BUT I tell you one thing for sure , if you add up all that you do get in this $399 drone
You will soon realise that you have an incredible deal . Now I do realise that $399 is not a small amount but I know that I'd rather risk the Mavic Mini to get that incredible shot than a Mavic pro 2 .
All in all I think it's a fantastic drone for a fantastic price with amazing abilities.
I also think that in this world you always get despondent people that moan and are never satisfied , the sort of people that would moan at having to wait a week to receive a payout fot the winning lottery .
Yes there will be broken drones also people won't of checked phone compatibility and there also may turn out to have teething problems .
Now as for the amazing 2.7k photo that an average person couldn't spot that it wasn't 4k even side by side I'm sure that some of the great photographers we have in this community will make this 2.7k image better than most of us average people can do with a 4k image , let's not blame our tools for our inadequacies and try to improve , and I count my self in that . Let's all be positive and look forward to how fast things are happening.
I'm pleased that you realised that the Mavic Mini wasn't for you and I hope you find the right drone.

When I opened the box and placed drone in my hand I was just truly overcome and the flying abilities are incredible but the thing that I still don't believe and think that they have broken the laws of physics is how in 25mph winds with gusts it doesn't get blown away , it's as if it weighed 5kg .
Good luck to all , fly safe and I hope DJI sort out everything satisfactory for all GOD bless

No offence but there's been a pocket sized drone for a while now called the Mavic Air, plus you don't need a controller to fly it so it's even more portable.

Happy flying though, that's what it's all about after all. :)

Reactions: bigswifty
No offence but there's been a pocket sized drone for a while now called the Mavic Air, plus you don't need a controller to fly it so it's even more portable.

Happy flying though, that's what it's all about after all. :)
Not as portable as it dose not fold
Half the flight time
Double the price
More complicated
Have to register
And sounds like you have been attacked by two hives of killer African bees .
Now before you get defensive the Air is a very good drone indeed and in many ways superior but for the points I was making it doesn't stand up to comparison.
On a side not I believe there were just as many Neigh sayers about the Air

Reactions: Torque and Paulf10
Half the flight time
Double the price
More complicated
Have to register
Now before you get defensive the Air is a very good drone indeed and in many ways superior but for the points I was making it doesn't stand up to comparison.

Does not fold? Are we both talking about the same drone?

If you look at the dimensions for both the Mini and the Air you’ll notice there’s not much difference.

Half the flight time
Double the price
More complicated
Have to register

The Mavic Air DOES fold.

Reactions: Alan_M
I do not think many people are discounting the fact that for this size/quality of drone it's a great deal.... I think what people (like myself) were hoping for were a bit more of DJI's super-tech innovations... like something besides WiFi, follow me mode and a few others. It will be interesting to see what the range is in the "everyday" environment, that is my concern. If it has the same or not as good range than the Mavic Air, for me at least that is a deal breaker.... and when I say "range" I simply mean a good strong signal at a reasonable distance (say 1500 feet). When I flew a friends Mavic Air it was constantly disconnecting in what I would consider a fairly "clean" RF environment at less that 400 feet away.

I think there are two sides to the issue.

The first would be if you already have a drone like the Mavic Air, Pro, Zoom, etc. and whether it's worth spending another $400 or more to get the Mini just to get the smaller size. For me the answer is there is no compelling reason to spend another $400.

The second would be a situation where this is the first drone or a move up from a smaller "toy" drone. In that case there are a lot of reasons to select the Mini with a major one being the price gap between the Mini and the other Mavic drones mentioned above.

That said I got a new Mavic Pro six months ago for $625 and if I had the same choice today (buy a Mini for $400 or Mavic Pro for $625) I still by the Pro for the additional features especially Occusync.

Guys I didn’t read in the op’s post where he was comparing
the MM with the Air. So let’s not turn his view on it into
debate over which one is best.
There have been so many negative threads made since it
came out he just made a positive one.
And I for one am glad he did.
Just my view on all this as it’s starting to go OT.

This is how I look at it. The phantom 3 standard was a wifi 2.7k drone. When released it retailed for $799. The mavic mini has better flight time, downward facing sensors, and much more portable. What's that? It comes in $400 cheaper? That sounds like a winner to me. Of course you can buy a hubsan zino for just a little north of $200. The zino is a great drone too. But nothing has the stability like a dji drone. You put the mini in a position and it doesn't move. You have a lot more confidence in the mavic mini... Now the only thing that would make the mini better is to remove all the nfz bs. But that's a whole other conversation. That's my only dislike about dji products.

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
I do not think many people are discounting the fact that for this size/quality of drone it's a great deal.... I think what people (like myself) were hoping for were a bit more of DJI's super-tech innovations... like something besides WiFi, follow me mode and a few others. It will be interesting to see what the range is in the "everyday" environment, that is my concern. If it has the same or not as good range than the Mavic Air, for me at least that is a deal breaker.... and when I say "range" I simply mean a good strong signal at a reasonable distance (say 1500 feet). When I flew a friends Mavic Air it was constantly disconnecting in what I would consider a fairly "clean" RF environment at less that 400 feet away.
I myself was expecting more as-well, but realisticly come on, I think they did a pretty darn good. I mean I don't see anyone else out their making a comparable drone with the quality of DJI's MM. especially under 250g.

Range is plenty for anyone abiding by the FAA and not BLOS, however yes the Mini has more range than I will ever know what to deal with. my record is 2 miles, out over my property with a altitude of around 190ft and never lost connection nor did my video go out or weaken at any point during the flight. RTH works well if set up properly. yes wind is a factor as with anything that weighs less than half a pound that's to be expected.

Respectfully,

Last edited:
I myself was expecting more as-well, but realisticly come on, I think they did a pretty darn good. I mean I don't see anyone else out their making a comparable drone with the quality of DJI's MM. especially under 250g.

Range is plenty for anyone abiding by the FAA and not BLOS, however yes the Mini has more range than I will ever know what to deal with. my record is 2 miles, out over my property with a altitude of around 190ft and never lost connection nor did my video go out or weaken at any point during the flight. RTH works well if set up properly. yes wind is a factor as with anything that weighs less than half a pound that's to be expected.

Respectfully,

The range issue is going to very much a location issue. In my area the max is 200 meters on a good day with my wifi drones before interference issues crop up. With Ocusync zero interference issues as far as the eye can see and then some. In addition to the limits of wifi will be the limits based on weight and power and what the drone can handle as far as wind. Based on everything I've read the MM is very limited in its ability to handle wind which will limit the when and where you can fly.

Reactions: MavicMan17
The range issue is going to very much a location issue. In my area the max is 200 meters on a good day with my wifi drones before interference issues crop up. With Ocusync zero interference issues as far as the eye can see and then some. In addition to the limits of wifi will be the limits based on weight and power and what the drone can handle as far as wind. Based on everything I've read the MM is very limited in its ability to handle wind which will limit the when and where you can fly.
Never had any serious wind issue and I’ve flown it in so strong mountainous terrai, you just have to plan flight better. When I did test flight distance I got to a little under 1300m at 60m height before video was lost. CE version

Well Said! agree 100%. I wish I could afford a M2P right meow! gotta save up.

Not to derail things... but I love my Spark for family photos, etc.
And even quicker to set up as you can connect to your phone via WiFi.
Love mine, super reliable and really easy to use. Just an amazing flying little flying brick

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
And even quicker to set up as you can connect to your phone via WiFi.
Love mine, super reliable and really easy to use. Just an amazing flying little flying brick
If you can tolerate the angry bee swarm noise, it's a great piece of kit!

Reactions: MavicMan17
Never had any serious wind issue and I’ve flown it in so strong mountainous terrai, you just have to plan flight better. When I did test flight distance I got to a little under 1300m at 60m height before video was lost. CE version

The words "serious" and "strong" are relative. The fact is the MM is not going to handle winds that could easily be handled by a Mavic Pro, Mavic Air and other larger, more powerful drones. Of course that gets back to the word planning. You have to plan your flights based on operating in lower wind speeds and being more conservative when making judgements about when to fly.

The words "serious" and "strong" are relative. The fact is the MM is not going to handle winds that could easily be handled by a Mavic Pro, Mavic Air and other larger, more powerful drones. Of course that gets back to the word planning. You have to plan your flights based on operating in lower wind speeds and being more conservative when making judgements about when to fly.
"My opinion" and you know what they say about them lol. Anyways, I think if MM owners read the manuals and actually understood that the MM Weighs .55lb's then common sense would be to not take it out on a windy day. Read and understand the Manual and Plan your flights simple as that. Comparing the MM to any other DJI drone is irrelevant in my opinion. its common sense that the weights are going to allow for stability ect. simple. not arguing here just saying why compare?

Respectfully,

and?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi