DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To light or not to light (In the UK)? And some protection?

Thanks ZippyDo, exactly what I would like to achieve.

Couple questions:
- does it interfere with the downward sensors where positioned?
- when landing, presumably the strobe touches the ground instead of the back rests: have you experienced any issues with that?

Also, you put it in payload mode presumably to fly with the light?
Hi mADsAILOR,
I have not seen any issues with the downward sensor, I do make sure to place it has far toward the rear as possible.
It does rest on the strobe when landing but with the amount of weight involved it has not been an issue.
I have not flown it in payload mode and can’t really say i see or feel any difference in flight behaviour.
Must say drone is so much easier to keep sight of with that strobe on there.
Hope this info is helpful.
Cheers!

Reactions: mADsAILOR
I use these for my mini2 STROBON Cree® Standalone
Not flown at night yet but they are very bright the light is tiny about half the size of a postage stamp
In daytime flying I can see my drone from about 1/2 a mile not sure if it takes the mini2 above the 250g in my case I have pilot ID anyway
They look cool. Shame it's the old Micro USB and not USB C like the drone.
Any idea what the viewing angle is? It isn't mentioned on the flytron web site.
If the LED facing down, I doubt you can see it from any distance, if it is on the rear, then (like somebody here said) you have to fly in reverse to come home!
Ideally need 2 LEDs or 2 modules, which adds to the weight.
Or a dual LED module!

Trying to keep VLOS on this small of a drone is near impossible. I've gone as far as 1600 ft. away at 400ft. altitude and even the brightest light would be hard to see, especially in daylight. I'm leaning towards the Firehouse Arc V but the price is steep.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose