DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To tablet or not to tablet?

Vest596

Reactions
I really want to get a new ipad mini mainly for flying my MA2. But is it worth 400 bucks for a ipad to just use it for flying?! Im sure i will use it for other stuff but I need a push in the right direction! Is it worth it?

Hah, I had the same struggle for weeks. I got it and an appropriate hood and it really helped see your target more clearly. That said after awhile, I got lazy of having to pack it and set it up and would reach for the phone for most recreational flying just to get up and in the sky quickly and pack up quickly.

Now I use it half of the time. So it depends on your needs, how important setup and takedown time is and what sort of disposable income you have to throw it a tablet.

I really want to get a new ipad mini mainly for flying my MA2. But is it worth 400 bucks for a ipad to just use it for flying?! Im sure i will use it for other stuff but I need a push in the right direction! Is it worth it?
Yes absolutely. I love the mini with the MavMount on the MA2. Also LumaFusion is great to edit videos on the mini. Ive gotten plenty of use out of my mini 5.

Reactions: freddyj
Yes editing on the go is another plus to how easy is it using a sd card with a ipad i have never used apple products lol

I have a mini 4 for my Mavic 2 Zoom. Mavic Air 2 seems a bit sketchy with that tablet though, I think you need the mini 5.

I only use it for flying but it does work very well for that. I prefer it to a phone, plus the controller of the Zoom is designed to fit it snugly in the jaws. I don't use it to edit, but I do use it to review footage on site.

I have used it as a tablet on holiday. I did shove some movies on it and used it on a flight from London to Seattle last September.

Coming from a new owner of M2P, I loved the idea of using my 9.7" Samsung tablet vs my 5.5" smartphone mainly due to the large screen. Now, that being said, I have decided to ditch both of them for the Smart Controller due to convenience of having an all in one device.

I don't know how well the larger tablets work with the Mavic Air 2 controller as it's a Mavic 2 I have. I was using my Mavic with a 6.44in phone then changed to a 5.7in phone which I found too small and after failing to get an 8in tablet I decided to give a 10in tablet a go. I was concerned it would be too bulky but I've been very pleased with it since the DJI Go4 app has a lot of data on the screen which means with the larger 10in screen there's a lot more space for all that data and get a better view of what the camera is seeing.

I bought a ipad mini 5 with 64 gb of memory it's still unopened because I'm thinking I can get a 256 gb for only 100 dollars more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky