DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To update or not to update - FlySafe Database?

I’d love to but it’s too different from the other aircraft and not that much research has been done on that platform. It’s so different almost none of the research done from the Phantom 2 -Mavic 2 applies to the Mavic Air ?

I'm still crossing my fingers!

Reactions: brett8883
Trying to get a consensus on value or possible pitfalsl of updating the DJI Flysafe database. I've been prompted multiple times in the past few months, but choose to ignore the update.

However, over the weekend, I was flying in/near restricted airspace near my local airport. I requested and received my LAANC clearance, but when I went to fly, the controller indicated I was in an NFZ and prompted me to self-unlock.

Any thoughts on whether the latest FlySafe update fixes some of these misplaced NFZ's now that recreational flyers can access LAANC?

Or is it better to just not update FlySafe?
My fly safe database will not download. Gets to 5% then just gets stuck there. Any tips/advice?

I have ignored flysafe updates for now, but usually check Aloft. Has anyone really noticed any difference between ALOFT or B4UFLY and Flysafe? I'm assuming that if I'm checking Aloft there would be no surprises with Flysafe, but have ignored, because I'm not sure if ALOFT approvals are fed into DJI Fly. However when I launch Aloft it asks if I want to connect to DJI Fly (and have ignored that too until I understand what it does).

I have ignored flysafe updates for now, but usually check Aloft. Has anyone really noticed any difference between ALOFT or B4UFLY and Flysafe? I'm assuming that if I'm checking Aloft there would be no surprises with Flysafe, but have ignored, because I'm not sure if ALOFT approvals are fed into DJI Fly. However when I launch Aloft it asks if I want to connect to DJI Fly (and have ignored that too until I understand what it does).

Aloft's LAANC approvals are never fed into DJI Fly. The option to connect to your drone you're seeing is to use Aloft as the control app to fly the drone instead of DJI Fly.

Reactions: Xitor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR