DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

To update or not to update - FlySafe Database?

MEFfly

Reactions
Trying to get a consensus on value or possible pitfalsl of updating the DJI Flysafe database. I've been prompted multiple times in the past few months, but choose to ignore the update.

However, over the weekend, I was flying in/near restricted airspace near my local airport. I requested and received my LAANC clearance, but when I went to fly, the controller indicated I was in an NFZ and prompted me to self-unlock.

Any thoughts on whether the latest FlySafe update fixes some of these misplaced NFZ's now that recreational flyers can access LAANC?

Or is it better to just not update FlySafe?

Reactions: Bill combs
Meh - I always update but then the UK doesn’t have the issues that US folk seem to have with Geo being a bit over the top in its requests to unlock.

Best to Update me thinks.

Reactions: deleted member 877
Trying to get a consensus on value or possible pitfalsl of updating the DJI Flysafe database. I've been prompted multiple times in the past few months, but choose to ignore the update.

However, over the weekend, I was flying in/near restricted airspace near my local airport. I requested and received my LAANC clearance, but when I went to fly, the controller indicated I was in an NFZ and prompted me to self-unlock.

Any thoughts on whether the latest FlySafe update fixes some of these misplaced NFZ's now that recreational flyers can access LAANC?

never

When I first started flying DJI stuff I couldn't wait to update it was most likely good, BUT, now when I update I tend to screw myself someway or another. I get that also....I ignore....

I requested and received my LAANC clearance, but when I went to fly, the controller indicated I was in an NFZ and prompted me to self-unlock.

DJI's system doesn't have any connection to LAANC and so it doesn't know if you received a LAANC authorization. You will always need to confirm in DJI GO 4 that you are authorized to fly even after you get the LAANC authorization.

There are ongoing updates as errors are reported and verified by DJI...

I was recently in Milwaukee doing a Part 107 job and noticed a private airport in the database (Geo Zone) that closed years ago; 9WI4, Faken Airport.

0e07cc9b71f66c03ab017d3738249468.jpg

939f37e50292f814a8012ece6a7ea548.jpg

I submitted the correction and supporting documentation (screenshot from their Geo Zone site, updated sectional chart excerpt and email from FSDO saying it closed); DJI’s response was it has been corrected in the next release:

Thanks for your reply.
The no fly zone of this airport will be removed in the new flysafe database 01.00.01.18.
But we haven't get the notice about the release date.

Please also offer us the SN of your drone, we will help you unlock it for 3months.
If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help.

The lesson here is if you find an error, report it.

Besides...I couldn’t resist asking DJI to “delete the Faken airport...”

LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: pnovotny
Does this mean you can update bird firmware, RC, DJI Go 4, BUT not the Fly Safe database to avoid issues?
No. The firmware updates include the latest flysafe at the time the firmware update is released.

Flysafe updates occur during firmware updates and ALSO can be updated independently of the firmware.

No. The firmware updates include the latest flysafe at the time the firmware update is released.

Flysafe updates occur during firmware updates and ALSO can be updated independently of the firmware.
Interesting experience. Mine is different. Running current everything, but when I power up the drone it still asks if I want to update the flysafe database. I have been dismissing the pop up message on my CS.

Interesting experience. Mine is different. Running current everything, but when I power up the drone it still asks if I want to update the flysafe database. I have been dismissing the pop up message on my CS.
That could just mean that there was a flysafe update since when the firmware came out.

Hey Brett. Would be much appreciated if Super Patcher included the Mavic Air!

What’s supper patcher!? I get that it patches something, but what hack unlock tool is this!? Lolol.

invest 54.00 and get the nolimitdrones software, then enable the NFZ patch. If you update,you run risk of Dji locking out any attempt to change the drone software.With the NFZ patch you can fly anywhere at any time. No hassle. Still obey the laws ofcoarse, just easier .

Reactions: alanwa007
I’d love to but it’s too different from the other aircraft and not that much research has been done on that platform. It’s so different almost none of the research done from the Phantom 2 -Mavic 2 applies to the Mavic Air ?

What’s supper patcher!? I get that it patches something, but what hack unlock tool is this!? Lolol.

Here this was developed right here in the forum.

It’s also free

To see our threads on it you have to go into your MavicPilots Account and check the box that you want to see the software modifications section, wait about 30 mins and then search for Super-Patcher.

All the most up to date info is on GitHub though

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb