DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Top speed increase!

Natehighup

Reactions
I updated the app today (IOS) and noticed upon RTR in sport mode, I’m at 17 mph, same as always but now when I pushed full stick forward I hit 33.4 mph consistently! Tried at different heights and different directions same result 33.4 give or take, but in normal sport mode not in return to home I can only go 28-29 same as always. And there was almost no wind,

I updated the app today (IOS) and noticed upon RTR in sport mode, I’m at 17 mph, same as always but now when I pushed full stick forward I hit 33.4 mph consistently! Tried at different heights and different directions same result 33.4 give or take, but in normal sport mode not in return to home I can only go 28-29 same as always. And there was almost no wind,

That's above the maximum sport mode speed, as you noticed. Something isn't right there. Flight log?

If I remember correctly I could increase return to home speed but only up to the sport mode max, would be happy to upload data if someone could post link on how too, I’m on IOS

If I remember correctly I could increase return to home speed but only up to the sport mode max, would be happy to upload data if someone could post link on how too, I’m on IOS
Please see the link above , in Sar104’s response. I am interested in outcome too ... I wonder why is not RTH speed set to Sport mode, and may be you discovered some new feature.

Yes - it looks like they changed the parameters to allow sport mode speeds in RTH with stick inputs:

rth.png

Attitude.png

Probably a good idea. Note that it is pinned at 8 m/s without stick input though. It would be interesting to see if they have also increased the maximum tilt in RTH to 30° to improve its ability to get back against a headwind.

Reactions: TDZHDTV and scro
Last time I flew my MM, I was just in sport mode and reached 30.4 mph which was the highest I have reached yet on my MM. Before it was always under 30 mph.

Last time I flew my MM, I was just in sport mode and reached 30.4 mph which was the highest I have reached yet on my MM. Before it was always under 30 mph.

Same here. This week I noticed that in sport mode I hit speeds in excess of 30 mph. Never hit those speeds before.

My mini does 30.5 mph in sport, but in sport while automatically returning to home, full left stick forward, it does 34.1 mph.

Was it anything to do with being wind assisted ?

I don't think so. I've been flying just about every day for the last month and since I first noticed it, I have had the same speeds without serious winds. In the mornings I use sport mode to get to where I am recording. Our mornings usually have no wind. It now takes no time to get to the recording spot I have been flying over.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78