DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Top speed Mavic 3?

justcruisin

Reactions
I’ve searched the leaks but didn’t find any references to speed.

What would the top cruising speed be in P mode (not sport) ?

Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
I’ve searched the leaks but didn’t find any references to speed.

What would the top cruising speed be in P mode (not sport) ?
With all the leaks, most were very focused on what it would look like and the camera , as there was very little mention about speed. I expect something in the low 40s,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

It's probably not going to be significantly different from the M2, so I would guess around 40 km/h in "normal" mode and around 80 km/h in sport mode.

Generally speaking, the speed is limited in "normal" flight modes so that the obstacle avoidance system can function properly. At least with current obstacle avoidance sensor design, the drone cannot be at too steep of a pitch (attitude) or the sensors are no longer looking where intended, which is one reason why they do not work in sport mode.

As per the leaked specs, it's 21m/s on sports mode, which translates to 75 km/h or 46 mph.

Ha ha. I've never seen a Harley go over 60mph on the road. Most can't/won't even go the speed limit.
Yeah - I got the "my Harley does 150" so many times, I just stopped listening. My ST1300 was fast enough, but 150 was even out of its reach. And I never met a Harley my old CB550 couldn't walk away from in a roll on, let alone a race situation. Though, if I am being honest, most Harleys were competitive with my CA77 305 Dream.

It’s likely to be limited to less than 19 m/S (68.4 kmh) as this is the upper limit for a Class A2 drone under the EU regulations for CE marking from 2023 (and some other countries).
Might have RID too (Remote ID) plus a low speed mode of 3 m/S.
Wouldn’t be surprised if the props are modified to reduce the kinetic energy transferred to a human head in case of impact. (Slower rotation, intentional breakage, ‘rounder’ leading edges?) This bits just my own speculation as the regulations don’t specify any measures, lower speed and/or mass are the usual ways to reduce death or injury. I’m a product safety engineer, sorry about the nerdy work-related stuff!

Reactions: Coskier
It’s likely to be limited to less than 19 m/S (68.4 kmh) as this is the upper limit for a Class A2 drone under the EU regulations for CE marking from 2023 (and some other countries).

According to the leaked specs it’s 21 m/s

If there is no label on the drone, then it does not meet any regulation. And why? DJI could make new drone with label - new = same, just with label.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent