DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Release Date 11/5/2021!

Full specs appear to have leaked - no surprises (which is a good thing):

Full specs appear to have leaked - no surprises (which is a good thing):

I love how companies do their marketing through “leaks” nowadays.

I love how companies do their marketing through “leaks” nowadays.

This close to announcement, I think it's difficult for any company to keep things under wraps. The amount of people who have to know the details just to get the product to market (individual stores, large chains, marketing departments, shipping companies, distribution channels, accessory makers, regulatory agencies, warehouse workers, etc.) means you are going to have leaks. Pretty much every company has the same challenges. Certain regulatory filings are public as well.

Earlier on, leaks usually come from factory workers or similar. It's unavoidable to a certain degree.

As for which leaks are intentional, who knows. I am guessing that most aren't, because they don't want the competition to know what's going on either, or the market to react negatively to something without proper context. There is just no way you can mass produce a product with multiple part vendors and launch it globally without anyone finding out.

Last edited:
As for which leaks are intentional, who knows. I am guessing that most aren't, because they don't want the competition to know what's going on either, or the market to react negatively to something without proper context. There is just no way you can mass produce a product with multiple part vendors and launch it globally without anyone finding out.
Most that are only a few days away from the announcement are, there's no risk of a competitor doing anything significant in a week, and it makes people feel all special to know in advance which boosts the hype...

Reactions: Corsair415
Most that are only a few days away from the announcement are, there's no risk of a competitor doing anything significant in a week, and it makes people feel all special to know in advance which boosts the hype...

Well the M3 was leaked in its entirety more than a month ago, and in the camera, smartphone, and PC worlds which I follow closely, things are often leaked with very high degrees of accuracy many months in advance on products with extremely short 1-year refresh cycles, so I personally don't think many of them are intentional. They are however unavoidable, so it doesn't really matter either way because they are happening anyway haha. Intentional "leaks" are more often done in the form of a teaser of some sort, and released through official channels. Generally speaking, companies prefer to control what people see - releasing an extremely detailed multi-page spec sheet over a month in advance was very likely not done on purpose by DJI. It also begs the question why they would bother pretending to leak something they know is going to get leaked anyway regardless through unofficial channels - and in this particular case, something that has largely already leaked over a month ago.

Last edited:
This close to announcement, I think it's difficult for any company to keep things under wraps. The amount of people who have to know the details just to get the product to market (individual stores, large chains, marketing departments, shipping companies, distribution channels, accessory makers, regulatory agencies, warehouse workers, etc.) means you are going to have leaks. Pretty much every company has the same challenges. Certain regulatory filings are public as well.

Earlier on, leaks usually come from factory workers or similar. It's unavoidable to a certain degree.

Guerrilla marketing is huge nowadays. Everything is a leak. Just that it’s called that drums up interest.

Reactions: Kilrah
Interesting, the M3 will ship with an RC-N1 controller that only supports occusync 2.0, not the M3's Occusync 3.0. You'll need to buy the Pro controller to get that, or the Smart Controller v2.

Guerrilla marketing is huge nowadays. Everything is a leak. Just that it’s called that drums up interest.

I work in marketing for a living, and I respectfully disagree that most of these are intentional leaks. Some may be but most of them likely aren't.

• Haha
Reactions: Corsair415

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98