DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Release Date 11/5/2021!

Pros and semi-pros can justify the more expensive Inspire series if they need that kind of platform.
The inspire 2 is 5 years old now and only still makes sense in very specific situations given the improvements in tech.

My take is that the M3 will be the replacement for the Inspire for most professional purposes but at half the cost.
Instead of Inspire for pro and Mavic for consumer it'll be Matrice for top end stuff, Mavic 3 for "average pro use", Air/mini for consumer.

Last edited:
Reactions: brett8883
We are 10 days from the rumored release date of 10/20/2021 for this drone. No news yet from DJI. Are you guys sure this rumor will be true that this drone will be released in 10 days?

I saw someone posted on a YouTube comment under a Mavic 3 rumor video that the release date is November 5. Has any anybody seen that? Will the Mavic 3 still be released this October 20?

Is this video telling the truth?

Last edited:
Reactions: globetrotterdrone
hopefully scalpers don't turn their attention to drones,the same way they did with graphics cards...that will really throw a spanner in the works >.>
It all depends on whether DJI have it ready to ship in sufficient quantities at release, the original Mavic Pro was being scalped hard because they had way too few of them to ship for the first 4 months or so. Hasn't really happened again since.

Reactions: Thatguy13
It all depends on whether DJI have it ready to ship in sufficient quantities at release, the original Mavic Pro was being scalped hard because they had way too few of them to ship for the first 4 months or so. Hasn't really happened again since.
yea im heavily into pc gaming,and scalpers have been the bain of our existence...they have been selling rtx3080's for like over twice the retail price..its had a real dramatic effect on the community

I guess it also depends which market DJI is primarily focused at. I more or less expect the US/Canadian market to get the highest quotas nonetheless scalpers are a pain globablly no matter what.

Let's see for the European market, but giving the fact of shortages and the pandemic still on in the colder months, I more or less see some ridiculous struggle incoming.

Reactions: Thatguy13
I guess it also depends which market DJI is primarily focused at. I more or less expect the US/Canadian market to get the highest quotas nonetheless scalpers are a pain globablly no matter what.

Let's see for the European market, but giving the fact of shortages and the pandemic still on in the colder months, I more or less see some ridiculous struggle incoming.
the way scalpers have become,anything that is popular,and will be in demand on release,will be scooped up by bots in seconds.it started with the latest jordans,and then they saw the amount of demand there was for computer graphics cards,especially the latest nvidia 'ampere' 3000 series cards.i reckon they will be looking in this direction amoung others next.laws need to be put in place to stop it.

• Sad
Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Notice that DJI did not abandon the "Mavic" name on this model. I wonder why? All indications were that that's where DJI was headed. However, the controller remains a mystery. I tried to google the RM510 controller and nothing came up. You will note that it is listed at 750g, but interestingly my Mini 2 controller only weighs 390g! My Mavic 2 Pro controller weighs 317g. That weight reference has got to be a mistake, no? If not?????

View attachment 135563
I thought about that too. If you'll recall when the Mavic Pro first came out, the Phantom 4 was the "pro" version. Then as they migrated the "pro" functionality to the Mavic series, they never upgraded the Phantom. So I'm thinking the "Air" and "Mini" will be the consumer version.

As a european citizen i want to get some questions answered by DJI latest on 2021/11/05, otherwise i will not push the ,,buy-button''.

1. C-Certification for european airspace yes or not?
2. If not, later certification possible yes or not? If not, im out, if yes,
3. Later certification also possible for drones, which already will be sold (sending back to DJI for certification purposes).

I think Autel has to answer this too, if it would stay a serious competitor with the EVO III...

It’s a bit ballsy of him to rub it in the face of the competition that DJI usually launches directly after the reveal. With how screwed up the supply chain is right now it wouldn’t be surprising if it has a rocky launch.
droendj quoted this thread....

droendj quoted this thread....

It would definitely be nice to know that DJI has set up their own navigational shipping method for the roll out.
I know that they usually use DHL and FEDEX Air for most if not all deliveries coming into the US. It is highly unlikely much of it is shipped via cargo ship. It should be interesting to see what happens. We may just be surprised! ;)

That Pro grade camera came out today. Called the Ronin 4D. Has a new 1 TB removable SSD with integrated reader for $799. DJI PROSSD 1TB

Seems to me it could be possible for this to be the recording media for the M3 Cine as well. Or at least it gives us new insight into pricing for the M3 Cine.

That Pro grade camera came out today. Called the Ronin 4D. Has a new 1 TB removable SSD with integrated reader for $799. DJI PROSSD 1TB

Seems to me it could be possible for this to be the recording media for the M3 Cine as well. Or at least it gives us new insight into pricing for the M3 Cine.

That was always the assumption with the M3 Cine base on the leaks, but I wouldn't be surprised if they use the same SSDs so DJI isn't manufacturing two different SKUs and to have some cross-compatibility.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_