DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Release Date 11/5/2021!

the way scalpers have become,anything that is popular,and will be in demand on release,will be scooped up by bots in seconds.it started with the latest jordans,and then they saw the amount of demand there was for computer graphics cards,especially the latest nvidia 'ampere' 3000 series cards.i reckon they will be looking in this direction amoung others next.laws need to be put in place to stop it.

I agree that legal action will need to be taken. Scalping has ruined all new product launches. It's a gross abuse of the system.

Retailers will need to adopt some kind of ID system --- perhaps based on driver license. One product per person, that's it.

I agree that legal action will need to be taken. Scalping has ruined all new product launches. It's a gross abuse of the system.

Retailers will need to adopt some kind of ID system --- perhaps based on driver license. One product per person, that's it.
Counter point:

And why would retailers want to do that? Why do they care if I buy 1 PS5 or 50 PS5's? At the end of the day they just sold 50 PS5's. It would cost them time and money to implement a system that has zero benefit to their bottom line.

Both scalper and buyer share the blame on this one. If people stop buying over priced items, whether it be PS5's, Drones, or Ford Broncos people will stop marking stuff up.

And why would retailers want to do that? Why do they care if I buy 1 PS5 or 50 PS5's? At the end of the day they just sold 50 PS5's. It would cost them time and money to implement a system that has zero benefit to their bottom line.

Both scalper and buyer share the blame on this one. If people stop buying over priced items, whether it be PS5's, Drones, or Ford Broncos people will stop marking stuff up.

Retailers should be concerned because if scalpers control the market for new products, then the entire system will collapse. Manufacturers don't care either way because they are selling their products at wholesale prices and anything beyond that is not under their control. But retailers contribute to the problem if they let scalpers scoop up all the high-demand products because they are "letting the inmates run the asylum", so to speak. Once this problem goes unchecked for a long time, then consumers lose faith in the entire system and all new products will suffer poor sales because consumers have no interest in buying anything, knowing how the scalpers always get first dibs.

Scalping is a lot like import tariffs --- which are designed to make the consumer pay a steep surcharge for a particular product, which in turn drives down demand and stops the import.

Retailers should be concerned because if scalpers control the market for new products, then the entire system will collapse. Manufacturers don't care either way because they are selling their products at wholesale prices and anything beyond that is not under their control. But retailers contribute to the problem if they let scalpers scoop up all the high-demand products because they are "letting the inmates run the asylum", so to speak. Once this problem goes unchecked for a long time, then consumers lose faith in the entire system and all new products will suffer poor sales because consumers have no interest in buying anything, knowing how the scalpers always get first dibs.

Scalping is a lot like import tariffs --- which are designed to make the consumer pay a steep surcharge for a particular product, which in turn drives down demand and stops the import.
And at what point is the system going to collapse? I'm 41 years old and people scalping things has been around as long as I can remember.

Scalping on new products has been going on for a very very very very long time. And if in fact scalping is going to crush the whole system I highly doubt its going to be scalping a few thousand drones that is going to do it when you have millions of PS5's and Xbox's and every fancy new model of car prices getting jacked up by retailers and scalpers a like.

At the end of the day the only people that really get burned by scalpers are the people that just have to have the coolest new things on release day. Wait a few months and prices will be back to normal, those idiots will have paid double what its really worth, and heck you might even get the drone on sale.

I see the issue, I just don't think its on the the retailers to fix it.

Reactions: jfo and Kilrah
Looks like cooling fins on the bottom? How hot does this thing get? Seems worrisome.

Image sensors create tremendous heat the higher the resolution and the faster they readout, so for example 4K/60P generates lots of heat. This is why many traditional cameras have recording times capped at, say, 5min for this type of work if they are not large enough or don't have active cooling. I imagine the image processor also gets plenty warm, no different than the CPU in your computer, when it is working hard to process all that data. It's a very normal thing in the world of photography/videography and I wouldn't worry about it - it's a good thing if it has cooling fins, and hopefully active cooling as well (same as the M2P) for when air moving over it in flight isn't enough.

There is nothing illegal about buying a product and trying to sell it for a higher price on a secondary market, it just sucks for enthusiasts. Just look at things like PC parts and PS5's over the last couple years. It's nothing new - it's just brought to the forefront during manufacturing and labor shortages like we are currently experiencing, and also more profitable for the scalpers during such times.

Why do all leak photos have only a dual camera? Where is camera 4/3?

The lower, larger camera has a M43 sensor and a 24mm focal length equivalent. The upper, smaller camera has a 1/2" sensor and a 160mm focal length equivalent. There is only one model of Mavic 3, as far as any of us know.

And at what point is the system going to collapse? I'm 41 years old and people scalping things has been around as long as I can remember.

Scalping on new products has been going on for a very very very very long time. And if in fact scalping is going to crush the whole system I highly doubt its going to be scalping a few thousand drones that is going to do it when you have millions of PS5's and Xbox's and every fancy new model of car prices getting jacked up by retailers and scalpers a like.

At the end of the day the only people that really get burned by scalpers are the people that just have to have the coolest new things on release day. Wait a few months and prices will be back to normal, those idiots will have paid double what its really worth, and heck you might even get the drone on sale.

I see the issue, I just don't think its on the the retailers to fix it.
It’s sad but true…Went through that with the XBox Series X. Tons of them were scalped on EBay at ridiculous prices…took several months for retailers like Target to get a few in stock...one or two per store about once a month. We got 2 of them, but it took a lot of work.

The lower, larger camera has a M43 sensor and a 24mm focal length equivalent. The upper, smaller camera has a 1/2" sensor and a 160mm focal length equivalent. There is only one model of Mavic 3, as far as any of us know.
It was said that there would be two versions of cameras, double and single 4/3.
If we compare the size of the finger and the camera suspension from the photo, then the camera is not so big to have a 4/3 sensor.

It was said that there would be two versions of cameras, double and single 4/3.
If we compare the size of the finger and the camera suspension from the photo, then the camera is not so big to have a 4/3 sensor.

I think you may be confusing some of the leaks. I haven't seen anything that suggests 2 versions, and all leaked images also show it with the double camera setup that everyone is expecting. If you've seen something different, feel free to post it here, I'm sure we'd all be interested to see it.

It's big enough for a 4/3 sensor - those sensors actually aren't very big (less than one inch diagonally), and with a 12mm lens (for a 24mm equivalent), the lens elements really don't have to be very large. Only another couple weeks and we'll know for sure!

I think you may be confusing some of the leaks. I haven't seen anything that suggests 2 versions, and all leaked images also show it with the double camera setup that everyone is expecting. If you've seen something different, feel free to post it here, I'm sure we'd all be interested to see it.

It's big enough for a 4/3 sensor - those sensors actually aren't very big (less than one inch diagonally), and with a 12mm lens (for a 24mm equivalent), the lens elements really don't have to be very large. Only another couple weeks and we'll know for sure!

There was also such a render on the Internet.

Attachments

• DJI-Mavic-3-drone-renders-1_large.jpg
    DJI-Mavic-3-drone-renders-1_large.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 20
There was also such a render on the Internet.

That is just a fan render - the actual leaked photos of the aircraft all match the 2-camera design. I haven't seen anything so far that suggests the actual product won't be the 2-camera design but we will see soon enough!

So it's not a myth...

And it releases on my mom's birthday!

I'm going to need 5 tankers worth of lemonade and a bunch of thirsty people if I want this.

Reactions: Korrd
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR