DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Torn Between Marco Polo & Trackimo

I guess I'm a little late in the game here. I'm a fan of trackimo, in my experience they have had great customer service. I set up a ticket online with them and they respond usually within 24 hours. FYI, if anyone wants I have a 20% off any order over $100 at Trackimo. Full disclosure, I get a small commission with use of code. It's LIFEVISTAS20.

That being said, sounds like not a good option for you if bad cell service. Other thing besides marco polo is something called Loc8tor. The standard version is claimed to have 400 ft range, and the plus version has a supposed 600ft range. I'm sure line of sight plays a big role in this one also though. Though it is cheaper than marco polo. I believe the Loc8tor plus version is not manufactured anymore but you can buy on ebay Loc8tor PLUS tracker drone cat up to 500 ft | eBay.

I'm really curious how the heck DJI was able to get FCC certification with the Mavic and still get the kind of range it gets.

Yes I have been wondering the same thing!
Also very curious how their FCC filing is so sparse, it says everything is confidential for just about every area.
Other companies I have looked at always had to put everything out in the open. Even more amazing when you consider the Chinese offer American companies such little protection on patents yet Chinese companies seem to get Fort Knox security from the US Government.

Rob

I was actually able to find their test report... it's a very comprehensive test report done by an approved FCC testing lab. Very interesting reading, and impressive test results. Still pouring through it, but it was exhaustive.

I've seen no such thread.

I am hurt. After spending so much time passing on the wisdom of a priest,.....and you did not bother to drink of this wisdom. I will post this once again,.....just for you.

The goggles will be priced at $499.00 How do I know. I met a mystic hiking in the Himalayas and asked him

A traveling Shaolin Master whom left Nepal and traveled extensively through the Kunlun Mountains in "Greater China walked up to my camp fire. I offered him some of my bread and some of my coffee.
He ate my bread and sipped his hot coffee quietly. He then rose in a single motion like a Chinese Steppe Cat (Mountain Lion) He looked me fully in the eyes and quietly whispered to me. The DJI goggles will sell for $479.99 USD. (Plus local tax)
I looked into this mans eyes and peered into his soul. I have no reason to doubt this man. Upon his departure,....he called me Grasshopper,........?

I know this has been discussed here before, but my situation is a little different. I live in the mountains of Western Montana with rugged terrain and crappy phone service. With that in mind ...

Marco Polo:
The Marco Polo is attractive because of no need for Phone service. That is all good, but then I have the limited line of sight that the Marco Polo is dependent on. I have heard that without line of sight it only works up to 300 yards if you're lucky.
The $220.00 price tag is a drawback, but then there are no monthly fees.

Trackimo:
This locator works with phone service and GPS, but the phone service here is very spotty. The towers here are situated to serve the highway areas, and then it is still very limited in my area.
You get 1 year free service with the Trackimo, then $5.00 per month after the 1st year.

I have been pondering this for a couple of months, and still undecided. Anyone in the mountains with crappy phone service who wants to comment, I'm all ears.

I was also looking at the same choices for use in Maine. I decided on the Marco Polo for 2 reasons - parts of Maine have bad cell service and the Trackimo uses an outdated frequency that will be discontinued during this year. They do not tell you that, but check it out on other sites.

Reactions: regdawg and _milo_
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N