DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Torn between two loves MPP OR Mini3 Pro

NorbertG59

Reactions
Hi guys

I have a MPP as well as a Mini3 Pro.

99% of the time I do the flying with the Mini3 pro and only use the MPP so that it has some sort of use

I know that the MPP is a old Drone but I really love this drone and I Enjoy flying it. In fact If it wasn't for the regulations and that the Mini3 Pro is so easy to get it up in the sky I would use it a lot more!

Like to hear from people that have similar dilemma on what would be best, Keep It or flog It?

Regards

i hear you ,exactly the same dilemma ,my MPP is over 4 years old but still flies like ,new has never been crashed and the 4 batteries i have still function with up to 95% full charge capabilities even after 200 plus charges each
its like an old friend ,there is no way i could part with it ,if i did i would always regret it ,i have all the kit that goes with it spare props ND filters and its on its third skin ,but like you since i acquired my Mini 3 pro, it does not get much air time any more,and yes the regulations have had an effect ,even though i have the A2 C of C till November 2025
go with your heart,its your decision at the end of the day

The Dilemma is only when flying in urban areas but when I go Fly in remote areas I love this Drone and don't want to part from it!

Reactions: old man mavic
I'm in a similar situation, love my old M1P and Spark drones, almost bombproof.

If I was buying another DJI product, I would probably go for the Mini 3 (not pro) flymore, using the std batteries.
We have more stringent rules / registration etc coming here sometime soon and I feel sub 250 will take off (no pun intended).

My dilemma is moving into FPV from my old aircraft though, that's something I feel is really developing almost to the DJI standard for video and decent range / flight time / RTH type features.

Reactions: NorbertG59
If you enjoy flying it keep it. I still have my M1P it is great fun just to fly so I kept it, but being an RC hobby guy I pretty much keep all my toys once acquired.

Reactions: mereflyer
Hi guys

I have a MPP as well as a Mini3 Pro.

99% of the time I do the flying with the Mini3 pro and only use the MPP so that it has some sort of use

I know that the MPP is a old Drone but I really love this drone and I Enjoy flying it. In fact If it wasn't for the regulations and that the Mini3 Pro is so easy to get it up in the sky I would use it a lot more!

Like to hear from people that have similar dilemma on what would be best, Keep It or flog It?

Regards
I have the MPP's younger, slightly chunkier sister (M2Z) as well as the mini 3pro. The little guy was bought for the more relaxed A1 regs with urban environments, people & buildings. For the life of me, I can't dump my M2Z.... WAY too useful, so she stays because she's more reliable and steady in less than still wind conditions and the physical optical zoom is still an awesome tool compared to the crappy "digital zoom". Don't forget that the MPP also has the ability to flip to proper portrait orientation for full sensor stills! KEEP IT!

It's a good thing to have different horses for different courses.

Reactions: NorbertG59
I have the MPP's younger, slightly chunkier sister (M2Z) as well as the mini 3pro. The little guy was bought for the more relaxed A1 regs with urban environments, people & buildings. For the life of me, I can't dump my M2Z.... WAY too useful, so she stays because she's more reliable and steady in less than still wind conditions and the physical optical zoom is still an awesome tool compared to the crappy "digital zoom". Don't forget that the MPP also has the ability to flip to proper portrait orientation for full sensor stills! KEEP IT!

It's a good thing to have different horses for different courses.
I Have decided to keep, In fact I was in Portugal last week and used it most of the time giving the M3P a good deserving rest!
I don't know what it is but after flying the M3P 99% of the time and when you fly the MPP it feels very different, It's like driving a Kart then getting in too your vehicle!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS