DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Toronto newb

E-MAnN

Reactions
Hi All ...

nice to be here and scouring thru this forum to get some info. I have not flown my Mavic Mini yet (just got it 2 weeks ago) but I am researching all my legal obligations before my maiden flight planned for this summer. So much info on the net and some of it is quite confusing and somewhat overwhelming.

I'm considering getting my Basic Pilot license even though not required for Mavic Mini ... more so for my awareness.

I'm up to my eyeballs in whitepapers and would welcome any pointers from my aviator friends .. especially safe locations for a newb to pilot a drone in the GTA area. Looks like most of the GTA area is under no fly zones .. I do see some openings in Vaughan and Scarborough.

My hangar is located in North York, Yonge and Finch Area and I planned on my 1st flight from my local schoolyard park. I was planning on a 20M height limit and line of sight distance, but according to regulations this is a Class "B" airspace ... it is my understanding that no flight allowed in this area, even at low altitudes.

Welcome any info from my fellow aviators.

thanks,

E

Welcome to the forum! :)

I have not flown my Mavic Mini yet (just got it 2 weeks ago)
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Mini:
  • The current Mavic Mini manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Mini downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Mini manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Mini:
  • The current Mavic Mini manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Mini downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Mini manual.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.
whoa .. Awesome .... thank you so much Msinger ! there is some stuff here i did not even think about. Time to review. :)

Hi All ...

nice to be here and scouring thru this forum to get some info. I have not flown my Mavic Mini yet (just got it 2 weeks ago) but I am researching all my legal obligations before my maiden flight planned for this summer. So much info on the net and some of it is quite confusing and somewhat overwhelming.
I'm considering getting my Basic Pilot license even though not required for Mavic Mini ... more so for my awareness.
Kamloops BC welcomes another Canuck to the forum. Getting the Basic Pilot Certificate is a good idea. It's required if you add any gadgets (lights, legs etc.) to the mini bringing it over 250 grams.

Transport Canada has only one regulation covering the Mavic Mini a sub 250 Grams UAV. Don't endanger people or aircraft, or Don't Be Stupid. See the Transport Canada guidelines below. Note the "You MUST" legality and the "You Should & Don't Need" suggestions.

Fly safe stay warm and enjoy.

TransportCanada under 250 Grams.jpg

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

WECLOME to the forum :)

Search these forums under my signature and you will find a few of my posts regarding where I fly in and around Markham.
Hello EricJT,
I am fairly new to the form. How can I find your posts showing where around Markham you fly? I am trying to find a legal spot to take off from, it seems every town or city has a bylaw in place :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji