DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Total Newbie questions

ToddK

Reactions
I opened my boxes this AM. Still haven't taken her up yet. I did attempt to but I still haven't memorized all the functions of this thing. Its daunting how many options there are. I am not new to drones. I have two I built from scratch.

Questions:

So after firing up my gimbal is facing downward. It was fine when tested indoors..no flight. The wheel to adjust down/forward view is not doing anything... hmm

Can I do setup in the Go App without being connected. Will it update once plugged in and Synced?

What settings do I want on my iphone before launching app? Airplane mode? Does WIFI or Bluetooth have to be on? I canceled any running apps in the background...

...all I can think of at the moment.

Thanks!

The wheel to adjust down/forward view is not doing anything
Are you referring to the top, left wheel? If so, double-check that you have your gimbal settings set correctly. This video explains how those settings work:

Can I do setup in the Go App without being connected.
No. Make sure your Mavic is connected to DJI GO before attempting to change the settings.

What settings do I want on my iphone before launching app?
Shutting down all running background apps is usually sufficient on most devices. You can fly in airplane mode if you don't want to be bothered by phone calls and/or text messages.

What did I miss?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan