DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Total Rotor faliure

Shark69

Reactions
I posted a few days ago about new low noise rotors didnt look safe. Why did i not listen to my head. Took off did low level checks on new rotors. Seemed fine. So took it up and buried the throttle forwards..... My Pro fell out the sky with catastrofic consequences. All because one set of rotors fell apart instantly the were put under load.
Check out the photo. The housing was still attached but the top of the housing was missing.
I have now contacted seller demanding they replace or get it repaired by certified dealer. I think its beyond repair though. So many software faults. Gimble housing broken. Rear of shell broken rear left arm housing cracked. 20180602_181602.jpeg

Apparently they were official. From ebay. And certainly does not specify that they are not genuine parts.

I try to discern whether or not a product is OEM or a copy by the wording of the ad.

The ad says "4X propellers for DJI Mavic Pro, but it does not say OEM DJI propellers. The key word is the word "FOR." Many generic companies sell batteries that are "FOR" DJI products, but are generic. Unless the ad says specifically they are OEM DJI Props and you are buying them from an authorized DJI reseller, or you buy them from DJI, you can not be 100% certain.

Harsh lesson learned i guess.... So moving on would i be looking at new drone as repair may be too costly?

Simple question. Did they come in the standard DJI package. 2 props per box. With DJI label stamped to box?

If they did I would most definitely be reaching out to DJI.

Paul C

Harsh lesson learned i guess.... So moving on would i be looking at new drone as repair may be too costly?

What country are you in? Any pictures of the crash? What error messages are you getting? No reason to buy a new one. I repair Mavics every day and I also have a bunch of pre-owned Mavics for sale. You wont need a controller or charger, and possibly not need a battery, so it might not be as expensive as you think to repair.

Reactions: gppms and lolo780
What country are you in? Any pictures of the crash? What error messages are you getting? No reason to buy a new one. I repair Mavics every day and I also have a bunch of pre-owned Mavics for sale. You wont need a controller or charger, and possibly not need a battery, so it might not be as expensive as you think to repair.
I am in the Uk. It has taken a mighty impact. Obvious faults are: gimbal carrier. Damage to upper casing and main chassis rear left quarter. The screw hole on upper casing pulled through. Screw location point on chassis has broken off. Sleeve around rear left motor arm cracked and arm spring a little weak. Electronics to gimbal,gps, gyroscope, handset connection popped up at one point to and something else is shot. Thats what i have found so far.
I had contemplated doing self repair as mechanically minded. But i cant diagnose anything else and check my work.

Physical damage20180602_181726.jpeg20180602_181819.jpeg20180602_181732.jpeg

What sort of prices would you be looking at for replacement machine. I have everything else.... including genuine propellers[emoji17]

I have never seen original DJI props come apart like that and I've run the 8331s harder than anyone. 45min flights @ 1100+ grams and the props check out perfect.

Not too bad a crash! If i were you, I would send a message to the eBay seller, they are a huge seller, and tell them what happened. They have to at least give you a refund for the props. They should also compensate you for the damage, but that just might be a waste of time on your part.

Here is a list of repair facilities in England, dont give up on it just yet. Im just angry at these sellers who think they are doing you a favor by saving you a little money and then their product fails.

UK Drone repair?

Not too bad a crash! If i were you, I would send a message to the eBay seller, they are a huge seller, and tell them what happened. They have to at least give you a refund for the props. They should also compensate you for the damage, but that just might be a waste of time on your part.

Here is a list of repair facilities in England, dont give up on it just yet. Im just angry at these sellers who think they are doing you a favor by saving you a little money and then their product fails.

UK Drone repair?
I have already sent them a message. Telling them i want them to pay for repairs and that i want full costs back for the props. I had two sets. And will be giving them terrible feed back.
They are still responsible for their sale of goods when their goods are faulty from out of the packet. costs for them selling faulty goods would still be their responsibilty under trading standards. As they are a uk registered company they come under uk law. No matter if they are actually from china or anywhere else.

Reactions: Former Member

UK Drone repair?
The camera still takes shots. And will turn to portrait. But cannot do anything with gimbal. I have not attempted to lift it off the ground to see if anything is dodgy. NOT sure it even would. Screenshot_20180603-170103.jpegScreenshot_20180603-170223.jpeg

The fact that you are getting video is a VERY good sign. All the other messages point to a possible damaged FC ESC board, not expensive, and probably a torn gimbal ribbon cable. The next thing I would do is contact one of the repair shops in the thread I listed and get a quote from them. It will probably require bringing it in to them, or mailing it depending on where you are located. They wont take long to get you a written estimate, which would be a good starting point to your possible damages lawsuit against the manufacturer/eBay company. If you are itching to fly, let them fix it, if it's less than the cost of a new one, and you still have the repair bill as evidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thwyllo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato