DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trade in my Mavic 3

They told me that they sell them as demo drones.
Yeah, that's what the Ukranians are doing with DJI drones: demo'ing them to Russia! LOL! Either way, great program for Mavic 3 pilots to upgrade, and you may be helping a good cause!

ill post a copy of invoice tonight
I have been working with the guys at D1 store for years now and they have always been fantastic to deal with. Im sure this is all fair dinkum and a great deal.
Was this the Mavic 3 Cine fly more combo with RC Pro you got the $3,960 credit for? Because I just spoke with D1 Store in Sydney and their best offer was 2,790 credit for normal M3 fly more combo with RC Pro. If traded for M3Pro fly more combo with RCPro the out pocket expense for "VIP customers" would be $2,100. All in A$.

Last edited:
This is in Australia not US!

I just realized that the trade-in prices looked so good because they are all in Australian dollars, and everyone posting is in Australia, without specifying Australian dollars. Silly me!

For US dollars, multiply all quoted Australian dollar quotes by 68%.

Still a good upgrade path for anyone wanting to trade up.

For US dollars, multiply all quoted Australian dollar quotes by 68%.

And not only the $ conversion, but the 'Australia' tax :)
Very big margins are applied here.
There is also the economies of scale with the smaller Aussie market size, everything costs more here, often a lot more.

Was this the Mavic 3 Cine fly more combo with RC Pro you got the $3,960 credit for? Because I just spoke with D1 Store in Sydney and their best offer was 2,790 credit for normal M3 fly more combo with RC Pro. If traded for M3Pro fly more combo with RCPro the out pocket expense for "VIP customers" would be $2,100. All
I traded mavic 3 as stated. Not cine. Did you purchase your original drone from D1 store?
As i also mentioned, i purchase a lot of equipment from these guys and have been doing so for years. (6 mini pro and flymore kits in the last month)

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
I traded mavic 3 as stated. Not cine. Did you purchase your original drone from D1 store?
As i also mentioned, i purchase a lot of equipment from these guys and have been doing so for years. (6 mini pro and flymore kits in the last month)
I did, in october last year. You are obviously a very valuable customer for them which I am obviously not.

Last edited:
Yes, on your invoice, they call you a "VIP Customer!"
The numbers I was given by D1 Sydney store were already the numbers available to "VIP Customers" only. The credit amount for non VIP were even worse. Something strange is going on here..

Last edited:
And what strange thing do you think is going on here?
Im a customer that spends a significant amount of money with this company over the last 6 years, and they look after me. The majority of my work is in training and eduction and D1 Store are, and have always been great supporters.
Just because you are not getting the same deal as myself,does not mean that there is something strange going on.
Are you suggesting im being dishonest? I can only think this is what you are getting at (and @GadgetGuy as he likes your post)
I cant imagine why i would bother, but what ever you want to believe.

In future ill get my thoughts and experiences to myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: mobilehomer
Im a customer that spends a significant amount of money with this company over the last 6 years, and they look after me. The majority of my work is in training and eduction and D1 Store are, and have always been great supporters.
Just because you are not getting the same deal as myself,does not mean that there is something strange going on.
Are you suggesting im being dishonest? I can only think this is what you are getting at (and @GadgetGuy as he likes your post)
Not sure why you have taken my post personally. I have never implied or suggested that you have been dishonest. The deal you got from D1 was incredibly good which prompted me to ring their Sydney store. The guy I spoke with and who sold me M3 and also helped me in the past with another deal has worked the numbers on the computer trying to mach your deal including the best deals available only to their best VIP Customers and he still fell well short of the deal you got. He hinself said that it was strange and could not understand how you could get such a deal. You got it and that's all what matters.

In future ill get my thoughts and experiences to myself.
No offense whatsoever was intended. Just different levels of VIP. No one was questioning your honesty or integrity, nor your deal. Just the basis for it. The only strange thing was that two "VIP Customers" got different deals. However, we all know the "friends and family" discount is likely better, and it sounds like that better describes your status! You legitimately got a great deal. As far as I know, there is no trade-in whatsoever at our U.S. dealers!

I picked up a Mavic 3 pro the day they were released and got a good deal from them too.
It was the only time that I've dealt with them.
Looking at their webpage, I note that they have dropped their trade-in prices since then.

I picked up a Mavic 3 pro the day they were released and got a good deal from them too.
It was the only time that I've dealt with them.
Looking at their webpage, I note that they have dropped their trade-in prices since then.
Demand for demo units was likely quickly fulfilled by trade-ups, and the the price they were willing to pay thereafter dropped. Early bird gets the worm!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.