DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trailer review please!

Thanks! Just to make sure I understood your feedback, do you mean I should change to the next clip when there's a change in audio?
Yep, try to make the cut from one video clip to the next video clip at exactly the same time as your audio changes on the beat.

You can do this manually with your own video editor:

Hi all, thank you all so much for the feedback! I've made some adjustments and uploaded a new version. Please let me know what you think? Thanks again!

Much better - both the music and the video are more approachable. I would also suggest a few night shots. Austin is really quite spectacular just after sunset. Good Luck to you on this venture.

Reactions: RRDC Media
Much better - both the music and the video are more approachable. I would also suggest a few night shots. Austin is really quite spectacular just after sunset. Good Luck to you on this venture.
I haven't flown a lot at night yet, also because I like to see my drone clearly. I plan on researching a bit on what the do's and don'ts are and release some night footage later this year. The Trail of Lights is also coming up later this year so that should give some great footage!

Hi all, thank you all so much for the feedback! I've made some adjustments and uploaded a new version. Please let me know what you think? Thanks again!

I do think you should sync the video scene changes with a major beat on the music. Often that means trimming your clips to get it transition on the beat. I also wonder how you decided the order of the images. In building a story one typically wants to either start with some close ups and then branch out to wider shots or visa versa, starting with the wide shots of the city and bringing the viewer into the closeups. Regardless...nice job.

I do think you should sync the video scene changes with a major beat on the music. Often that means trimming your clips to get it transition on the beat. I also wonder how you decided the order of the images. In building a story one typically wants to either start with some close ups and then branch out to wider shots or visa versa, starting with the wide shots of the city and bringing the viewer into the closeups. Regardless...nice job.
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback! I understand I could have worked with the music a bit better here.

Question for you, I'm working on a ~15 minute compilation video and since it is that long, how do I go about it with the music? With 1 minute videos I understand that but how about longer videos? Do I just align on some major beat changes?

If you would like to use the one same track repeatedly try these:

Last edited:
If you would like to use the one same track repeatedly try these:
I wasn't actually looking at this but maybe I will use this in the future. I always thought that it would be good to have a couple of different tracks for longer videos so watchers don't get bored?

I wasn't actually looking at this but maybe I will use this in the future. I always thought that it would be good to have a couple of different tracks for longer videos so watchers don't get bored?
Same here, for a 15-min video, I would rather 5 different audio tracks in succession and depending on whether you end the audio or transition into the next one:

I watched the video but did not read the previous comments in the post.

My advice, is to try to find the rhythm of the music and do the scene change only on the strong beats, not on any beat of the music (you do it quite a lot in your video). On the other hand, if you need to emphasize the scene change, use transitions.

Here's an example video.

Good luck!

I watched the video but did not read the previous comments in the post.

My advice, is to try to find the rhythm of the music and do the scene change only on the strong beats, not on any beat of the music (you do it quite a lot in your video). On the other hand, if you need to emphasize the scene change, use transitions.

Here's an example video.

Good luck!
Thank you, that makes sense. Nice video too. It's just a hobby for me so I'm not going to do this on my very long video but I have a ~3 min video in mind for which I'm going to try this out.

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1