DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trailer review please!

Suggest you replace the loud unrelated much with spoken audio of the purpose of your channel. The video clips didn't inspire me to visit Austin. It just didn't seem to flow in any pattern.

Suggest you replace the loud unrelated much with spoken audio of the purpose of your channel. The video clips didn't inspire me to visit Austin. It just didn't seem to flow in any pattern.
Thank you for your honest feedback! I've thought about adding spoken audio but my regular videos do not have spoken audio either so I opted to keep that consistent in my trailer.

After looking at it again, the big bold texts that constantly move are very distracting from any visual of the scenes.
I'm glad to see did create it has high resolution for big screen viewing.

Everything is big in TX, we get it. :) :)

I'm a fan of small and subtle and neat when it comes to logos, titles, etc but it makes sense if you want to show a big huge TX flag or something like that. I gave it a TU and subscribe so when I visit my family in San Marcos, I'm might try my own Austin video....looks like a lot of great places open to flying.

I lived in Austin for a couple of years and miss it.

I didn't care for the music you used. Secondly, I think I would edit out any part of the flight that is illegal (flying over people). Finally, the bold text does take away from the video.

Thank you all for your feedback. I'll definitely will make the text smaller when I update the trailer (I had made it because I was afraid people wouldn't read the message). I'll think about the music too. Thanks again!

My thinking is that you should focus on a great video with supporting music; if the video story is done well there would not be much need for text; the text should only be supporting role, the the bold overpowering message.

Thank you all for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I'm going to make some adjustments and reupload a new version in about a week.

Question on the music. What kind of music do you guys think goes well with drone footage? A bit slower paced, chill music? I've been experimenting with different types but I haven't found the best answer yet.

Start with your story, not "drone footage". After all this is as in introductory story about Austin, something that will excite someone about Austin. That means it's not about "drone foot" or blaring music; it's a short story about Austin. After you get you story line together than go to the music. I get most of my music here: Free Film Music - Download High-Quality Tracks - Filmmusic.io. There is no royalty as long as you give proper credit. Which leads to another thing: At the end of your video give all the credits in nice text. This includes credits about video credits, your FAA 107 certification, your business; make it look like a professional video. What type of music: something generic, relaxing an soothing; think about your intended audience.

Austin is a beautiful city and the place where I first saw someone shooting drone footage. If the video is about Austin, then let it shine and get the giant words out of the way. I had the same feeling watching the video as I do when someone types in ALL CAPS! I cannot speak to the music because I immediately turned it down. I'd suggest using something more calming in keeping with what I could see of your videos. You obviously have a deft touch with the drone and you have a wonderful area for video. I wish you nothing but success and will certainly follow your videos.

Reactions: RRDC Media
Hi guys, I just made my first trailer for my drone youtube channel. Can you please have a look and let me know what you like and what I should do better?

Thanks!
Ricardo
Ricardo:

I like the footage a lot, but the greatly overdone fonts are too overwhelming. They cover up much of the scenes you are showing and the banner in the upper right hand corner should be more transparent, smaller, and in the lower right hand corner. In summer, I don't like your fonts. They are too dominating.

The heavy, with loud beats music is also way too much for an old guy like me. I'd like a more "urban" sophisticated sound track. This track is for teeny boppers.

Of course, just my personal opinion. I think less, is more.

Dale
Miami

I think the video was good--the reason "I think" is in agreement with the above comments. I'm 81 so if you have text, you need to leave them on just a bit longer so I can look at the video as well as the text. I'm 81 so the music was not my cup of tea. Did I tell you I.m 81? So perhaps it's due to my age and this is a great video but fact is, most of us old guys have seen a thing or two in our day and if taken with a grain of salt. have some wisdom to impart. With all that prattle, good job and I think you will do well. You seem genuinely open to constructive criticism. Keep going! Look at one of the videos Dale D posted of his Middle East trip if you want to see some really good content and design.

BTW, great stuff Dale and extremely enjoyable!

I agree with the comments about the font & music.
Font could be smaller to not block what you're trying show...Austin, TX
Music - is there a style of music more suited to Austin or even Texas?
An additional suggestion would be to label the scenes. When showing a scene, add a small font tag in the video of what the viewer is looking @. (The name of the river or bridge or park or building) Maybe that would bring back memories to someone who's been to Austin or pique the interest of someone thinking of visiting.

Thank you all for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I'm going to rework this a bit and will post the new version here too. Thanks!

Music - is there a style of music more suited to Austin or even Texas?
An additional suggestion would be to label the scenes. When showing a scene, add a small font tag in the video of what the viewer is looking @. (The name of the river or bridge or park or building) Maybe that would bring back memories to someone who's been to Austin or pique the interest of someone thinking of visiting.
The only music I can think of for Texas is country music which I'm not really into. On a different platform and judging by the comments above, most seem to want a slower paced style of music so I'll look for that.

As for the tags, I always do that in my regular videos but thought it would be a bit of overkill for this one since there is already lots of text on here.

Thanks for your feedback

Reactions: Prop Wash
I agree with the others that the font is too distracting and that the music does not match the theme very well. I have found a song that you could consider (from purple-planet.com).

Positive Motivation

This song could start the video and then fade out and you could do a voice over instead of the large font. If you choose not to do a voice over maybe try smaller font with fewer transitions.

Also, I have seen most all of your videos and I really liked the footage of the tall buildings.

I’m looking forward to seeing the progress of this project!

Much better. Seems your timing my be a tiny tiny bit off, sync with the switch to the next clip and audio track clipped at the end. otherwise, looks good.

Much better. Seems your timing my be a tiny tiny bit off, sync with the switch to the next clip and audio track clipped at the end. otherwise, looks good.
Thanks! Just to make sure I understood your feedback, do you mean I should change to the next clip when there's a change in audio?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart