DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trains 2

Anyone have train videos of southern US, east bound outta LA area?
Those are long.
How about Amtrak passenger?
We only get the standard coal trains through Colorado Springs. Usually 100 plus cars, but all coal

How about train videos from across the pond or Australia?
I would love to see some of the coast to coast trains from Australia or even the road trains.

Anyone??

BHP Billiton used to run iron ore trains of 336 car length, 44,500 tonnes of iron ore, over 3 km long, six to eight locomotives including intermediate remote unit.

Reactions: Roy Rogers
bloody brilliant flying skills, the way he manoeuvred through that metal bridge, unbelievable:cool:

Now going back to that train, I’m just fascinated with the length of those things, crazy long...;)
Hey Porky , just wanted to let ya know I haven't forgotten about ya , its just been raining pretty much non stop here . When the weather clears ill get ya some more train videos Thumbswayup

Reactions: Porky
Hey Porky , just wanted to let ya know I haven't forgotten about ya , its just been raining pretty much non stop here . When the weather clears ill get ya some more train videos Thumbswayup

Good man, looking forward to it;)Thumbswayup

OMG! You're a LOT better drone pilot than I am. I would never attempt such acrobatics.

btw, I live about ten miles from a town that has l--o--n--g coal-hauling trains pass through it a few times every day - I mean, over 100 cars long. When they go through - always v-e-r-y slowly - they shut down traffic on the main roads and eliminate ambulance and fire services for half the town.

Your video has inspired me to shoot some drone footage of them.

BHP Billiton used to run iron ore trains of 336 car length, 44,500 tonnes of iron ore, over 3 km long, six to eight locomotives including intermediate remote unit.

I'll post up a video link, hang on . . .

Here . . . Pilbara ore train, Western Australia, June 2018

Interestingly, the World record length train was on this very line, a BHP ore train in 2001.
682 loaded iron ore wagons and 8 GE AC6000 locos giving a gross weight of almost 100,000 tonnes and moved 82,262 tonnes of ore, the train was 7.353 km (4.568 miles) long.

This is even longer than my clip, it's in real time start to finish 8 minutes.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
If you're into trains, you'll like this one. It's sort'a long because there were * a lot* of engines. They were near Benson, Az. I'm told they're gone now.

Reactions: Roy Rogers
If you're into trains, you'll like this one. It's sort'a long because there were * a lot* of engines. They were near Benson, Az. I'm told they're gone now.

Wow incredible, they looked ok but obviously obsolete and awaiting scrapping somewhere, or possibly out there just taken somewhere to rust away.

That was great ! ive never seen anything like it . thanks for sharing it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78